To study Electrical and Electronic Engineering at any University, you need to know the proper O’Level and JAMB subject combination & Admission Requirements needed for the course.
The main purpose of this age is to show you all the Direct Entry (DE) and UTME requirements needed to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering at any Nigerian University. On this page, you will find the WAEC and JAMB subject combinations for this course. You will also find the UTME & Direct Entry admission requirements, as well as the list of Universities in Nigeria offering admission to study Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
In addition to the already mentioned, you will find the various special considerations (Waiver) for each of the Universities in Nigeria offering the course.
Electrical / Electronic Engineering Admission Requirements
Below you will find the various requirements that are needed to gain admission to study Electrical / Electronic Engineering in any of the Nigerian Universities listed below. The requirements include the accurate O’Level and JAMB subject combination, and more. You will also find other extra information such as places you can work with a degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, a list of all the Universities in Nigeria offering the course, and more.
READ ALSO: Top 10 Best Public Universities in Nigeria By Nuc.
O’Level Subjects Needed for Electrical and Electronic Engineering
One of the vital credentials essential for Electrical and Electronic Engineering is your SSCE result. Both UTME and Direct Entry candidates are required to have at least five (5) SSC credit passes in the required O’Level subjects listed below.
4). English Language.
5). And any other Science subject.
1). COVENANT requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and either Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, or Biology.
2). FED-OYE EKITI – Same as in Mechanical Engineering.
3). BELLS the same as in Computer Engineering.
4). UI and FUAM – Same as Agricultural and Environmental Engineering.
5). UNIJOS is the Same as Civil Engineering.
6). ESUTECH and COOU accept ‘O’ level pass in English Language.
7). FUTA requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes at least and they must include Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, and Physics at NOT more than two (2) sittings.
8). UNILAG is the Same as in Chemical Engineering.
9). FUTO is the Same as in Agricultural Engineering.
10). MAUTY requires Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/ Further Mathematics/Geography/ Technical Drawing/ Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work/Computer Studies and IT/ GSM maintenance/ Basic Electricity/Electronics.
11). NTNU accepts:
i). Mathematics, English Language, and either Chemistry or Physics and any two (2) Science subjects.
ii). They also accept ‘O’ level credit pass in Geography as the fifth Science subject.
12). NDU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in the following subjects: Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, and any other subject at not more than 2 sittings.
13). UNAAB accepts five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
14). UNIUYO is the same as in Computer Engineering.
15). NDA requires either one other Science subject or Technical subject from Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Geography, Biology, Electronic Engineering, and Basic Electricity.
16). UNN – Same as in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering.
17). OSUSTECH requires an ‘O’ level credit pass in Further Mathematics.
JAMB UTME Subjects for Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Another essential element you should know if you want to successfully apply to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering is the three (3) proper JAMB UTME subject combinations for the course. It will be listed below, but first of all, be informed that apart from knowing the accurate subjects, you are also required to score not less than 200 in JAMB if you want to study the course in any of the Nigerian Universities listed below. Below is the proper JAMB subject combination for Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
i). OOU requires any three (3) subjects from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Agricultural Science.
ii). NTNU is the Same as Computer Engineering.
*. How To Know Your JAMB UTME Exam Date and Center.
*. How To Upload NECO & WAEC Result on JAMB Caps.
*. Detailed Guide On How to Create JAMB Profile.
*. How To Calculate Your JAMB and Departmental Cut-off Mark.
*. Current Official JAMB Brochure For All Institution.
*. Official JAMB 2022 Syllabus for All O’Level Subjects.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
If you want to gain Direct Entry admission, then you have to fulfill the direct entry admission requirements for Electrical and Electronic Engineering listed below.
- Two ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry
1). BELLS the same as in Computer Engineering.
2). COOU accepts ND/HND lower credit in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
3). BAUCHI and ESUTECH accept HND/ND in relevant programs plus UTME requirements.
4). CRUTECH and ABUAD are the same as in Civil Engineering.
5). UNAAB accepts `A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or equivalents. They also accept ND upper credit in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other relevant programs.
6). UNIBEN and UNILAG – Same as in Chemical Engineering.
7). LAUTECH accepts:
i). Two (2) ‘A’ level passes any of Physics, Pure Mathematics, Chemistry, or Applied Mathematics.
ii). ND/HND Upper Credit in Computer Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with UTME requirements.
8). AAU, LAUTECH, and BAUCHI do not accept D7 in English Language.
9). MAUTECH accepts:
i). HND Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
ii). ND upper credit in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
iii). GCE `A’ level passes in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
10). FED-OYE EKITI is the Same as in Mechanical Engineering.
11). UNIJOS requires IJMB or ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. It also accepts ND (credit level) in Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or closely related programs that must be from recognized institutions. They also accept an ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics.
12). UNAAB, NDU, and MAKURDI are the Same as in Agricultural Engineering.
13). FUTO requires at least two (2) ‘A’ level passes which must not be below C in Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry. It also accepts HND or ND upper credit in Engineering. Candidates must also ensure they meet the UTME requirements. FUTO Does not accept first degree or NCE\IBADAN which is the same as in Agricultural and Environmental Engineering.
14). OAU accepts ND/HND upper credit.
15). EKSU accepts ND (upper credit) or HND (lower credit) in Electrical Engineering.
16). UNN is the Same as in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering.
17). UNIILORIN is the Same as in Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering. Other relevant Programmes include Computer Technology, Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering Technology, Communication Engineering or Telecommunications, Power Systems Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering.
18). OOU and MOUA accept ND/HND into appropriate levels in addition to the UTME requirements.
19). FUTA accepts ND upper credit or its equivalent professional qualification in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in any related programs. Or ‘A’ level passes or its equivalents in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
20). NDU and UNIPORT – No Direct Entry.
21). UNIZIK accepts first degrees in relevant programs.
22). NTNU and UYO – Same as in Computer Engineering.
23). UNIOSUN accepts ND lower credit in Electrical/Electronics.
24). NDA requires the other Science subjects to be taken from Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Geography, and Biology.
Universities in Nigeria Offering Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE).
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE.
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE.
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE).
- ABUAD (AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- AFIT-DEG (AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE).
- AKSU (AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE).
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT.
- AUE (ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE).
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE.
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE.
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE).
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, BIDA, NIGER STATE (AFFL TO FUTMINNA) – BIDA-DEG
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE.
- BIU (BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE).
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE.
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE).
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE.
- CRUTECH (CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE).
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE).
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE.
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE).
- EUI (EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE).
- FED-NDUFU (ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE).
- FED-OTUOKE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE).
- FED-OYE EKITI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- FUNAAB (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE).
- FUPRE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE).
- FUTA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE).
- FUTO (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE).
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE.
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE).
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE.
- KSUSTA (KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE).
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE).
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE).
- LAUTECH (LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE).
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE.
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE.
- MAUTY (MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE).
- NAUB (NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE).
- NDA (NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE).
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE).
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, ABUJA.
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE).
- ODUDUWA UNIVERSITY, IPETUMODU, OSUN STATE.
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE).
- OSUSTECH (ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA)
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- TECH-IBADAN (TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE).
- TSUJ (TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE).
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE).
- UDU-ELUON (USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY ( – eLearning), SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE).
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE.
- UNIOSUN (OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE).
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE).
FUTO offers Electrical and Electronic Engineering with options in the following:
i). Power System Engineering Tech.
ii). Electronics/Computer Engineering Tech.
iii). Acoustic Engineering Tech.
iv). Communication Engineering Tech.
Places You To Work With a Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
You can work in various sectors with a degree in electrical and electronic engineering. Some of the organizations you can work with include automotive companies, IT and telecommunications, energy, and aerospace. Below are the various job positions you can occupy.
- Aerospace engineer.
- Acoustic consultant.
- Broadcast engineer.
- Design engineer.
- Electronics engineer.
- Electrical engineer.
- Sound engineer.
- CAD technician.
- Nuclear engineer.
- IT consultant.
- Systems analyst.
- Network engineer.
- Multimedia programmer.
- Technical sales engineer.
- Project manager.
Leave a Comment