JAMB Subject Combination for Chemical Engineering & the various Nigerian Universities offering the course will be listed. Alongside the O level requirements. Before we proceed with the various subject combination for Chemical Engineering, we must inform you that this course is only for science students.
In this well-composed article, we will be listing the various UTME subject combination for Chemical Engineering, the list of Universities in Nigeria offering Chemical Engineering, ‘O Level’ requirements for studying Chemical Engineering, and the jobs you can get with a degree in Chemical Engineering.
JAMB Subject Combination for Chemical Engineering
There are just three (3) subjects for UTME subject combination for Chemical Engineering under the faculty of Engineering/Environment/Technology.
UTME Requirement for Chemical Engineering:
Five (5) SSCE credit passes which must include (1) Chemistry (2) English Language (3) Mathematics (4) Physics and any other Science subject.
ESUTECH allows the ‘O level’ pass in the Use of English Language.
UNN and FUTO – Same as in Agricultural Engineering.
UNILORIN – allows Agricultural Science instead of Biology.
MAUTY – requires Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/ Technical Drawing/ Geography/ Further Mathematics.
LAGOS and OSUSTECH require an ‘O level’ credit pass in Further Maths as the fifth subject.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Below is the various requirement for Chemical Engineering under the faculty of Engineering/Environment/Technology: ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE ACCEPTS:
i) ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
ii) ND upper credit in Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution
iii) HND lower credit in Chemical Engineering from accredited Institutions.
- ABUAD requires HND lower credit and ND upper credit in addition to UTME requirements into 200 level.
- The UNIVERSITY OF UYO accepts ND/HND in relevant programs plus UTME requirements.
- ATBU accepts ND/HND in Chemical Engineering.
- UNIABUJA accepts HND lower credit or ND upper credit in Chemical Engineering in addition to UTME requirements into 200 level.
- COOU accepts ND/HND lower credit.
- The UNIVERSITY OF BENIN – in addition to UTME requirements requires;
i). first degree Second Class Lower in Science or degree in Medicine, Pharmacy or Dentistry and PTI HND lower credit / ND upper credit.
ii). HND upper credit in Engineering/Technology as well as PTI upper credit into 300 levels.
iii). ND / HND holders should have an ‘A’ grade in Mathematics.
- UNIBEN allows HND lower credit and ND upper credit in addition to UTME requirements.
CARITAS and PHC – Don’t accept a direct entry.
- UNIBEN and ESUTECH accept ‘A’ level passes in any two (2) of Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. ESUTECH also accepts NCE/ND/HND – first degree with good grades in addition to UTME requirements into 200 or 300 levels respectively.
- IGBINEDION requires ND in Engineering and other related programs.
- FUTO accepts at least three (3) ‘A’ level passes not below C in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. Accepts ND/HND upper credit in Engineering plus ‘O’ level requirements. They don’t accept first-degree or NCE.
- UNILORIN – Same as Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering. Important Programmes include; (i) Chemical Engineering Technology, (ii) Biomedical Engineering Technology, (iii) Water and Environmental Engineering Technology, (iv) Polymer Engineering, and (v) Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- UNIILAG accepts
i). very good passes in three (3) JUPEB/’A’ level subjects: Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
ii). Candidates must satisfy UTME requirements.
iii). HND/ND distinction in related Engineering Course.
- LAUTECH accepts
a) ‘A’ Level Passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
b) ND/HND upper credit in related programs in addition to UTME requirements may likely be considered for admission into 200 levels.
- MAUTY accepts:
a) ‘A-Level’ passes and IJMB in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
b) ND upper credit in Chemical Engineering
- FUTMINNA accepts ND/HND lower credit plus UTME requirements.
- UNIMAID accepts ND Credit and IJMB 9 points in related programs.
- NTNU – Same as in Computer Engineering.
- OAU requires ND upper credit only in Chemical Engineering.
- The UNIVERSITY OF UYO accepts ND/HND in relevant programs in addition to UTME requirements.
- OSUSTECH requires a first degree from a recognized University in the relevant subjects which will not be below Second Class Lower.
Universities in Nigeria Offering Chemical Engineering
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- ABUAD (AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- AKSU (AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE )
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- EUI (EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE)
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE)
- FED-NDUFU (ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE)
- FED-OTUOKE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- FUPRE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES, EFFURUN, DELTA STATE)
- FUTO (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- KADPOLY-ABU (KADUNA POLYTECHNIC) (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA)
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE
- LAUTECH (LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE)
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNIABUJA (UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT)
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)
- UMUDIKE (MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE)
CHEMICAL AND POLYMER ENGINEERING
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE)
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE)
- RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, R/STATE)
Places to work with a Degree in Chemical Engineering
With a degree in Chemical Engineering, you have the Career opportunities in Chemical Engineering listed below;
- Food and Drink
- Oil and Gas
- Process Plants & Equipment
Leave a Comment