In other to avoid several mistakes and seamlessly gain admission into any University in Nigeria to study Computer Engineering that is the reason we have come up with this article. In this article, you will see the proper WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Studying Computer Engineering.
We will also show you the requirements for Direct Entry admission to study computer engineering at any Nigerian University. There is other important information on this page such as the list of Universities in Nigeria where you can study this course, as well as places you can work with a degree in computer science and many more.
Before we proceed, please be informed that Computer Engineering is a science course and in that case, only science students will be eligible to study this course at any Nigeria University.
WAEC Subject Combination to Study Computer Engineering
One of the factors that make you eligible to study Computer Engineering in any of the Universities listed below is the required compulsory five (5) O’Level subjects. You are expected to possess not less than five (5) credit passes in your SSCE (NECO, GCE, WAEC) in the required subjects. Below is the Subject Combination to Study Computer Engineering.
1). Further Mathematics.
5). Use of English Language.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
a). UNILAG – Same as in Chemical Engineering.
b). OOU and ABUAD accept any Science Subject instead of Further Mathematics.
c). ESUTECH requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Use of English Language and all other relevant subjects.
d). RSUST and MOUA – Same as in Civil Engineering.
e). NTNU accepts Use of English Language, Physics/Chemistry, Mathematics, and any other 2 Science subjects.
f). FED-OYEEKITI requires 5 O’level credit passes in Use of English Language, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and one Science or social science subject.
g) BELLS and FUTMINNA require 5 O’level credit passes Use of English Language, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and any other Science subject.
JAMB UTME Combination to Study Computer Engineering
JAMB cut-off mark for this computer Engineering is 180 for Universities, though we urge you to score 200 and above to stand a better opportunity of being admitted into any of the various Universities listed below.
The JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Computer Engineering which is under the faculty of Engineering, Environment & Technology in the Universities listed below includes;
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
- NTNU requires any three (3) Science subjects.
- OOU accepts any three (3) of Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, and Physics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Studying Computer Engineering
If you don’t intend to gain admission through UTME, then you must ensure you meet the requirements for Direct Entry admission to study Computer Engineering. Below is the Direct Entry requirements;
- You must possess 3 ‘A-level’ passes in Pure and Applied Mathematics or just Pure Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
1. ABUAD, UNIBEN, and UNILAG – Same as in Chemical Engineering.
2. FED-OYE EKITI requires 2 ‘A level’ passes from Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
3. UNIBEN and UNIMAID – As in Chemical Engineering.
4. CARITAS accepts ND/HND upper credit in relevant areas for consideration into 200 and 300 levels respectively.
5. OAU requires ND upper credit in Computer Science.
6. UNIILORIN – Same as Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering. Other relevant Programmes include Telecommunications or Communication Engineering, Computer Technology, Power Systems Engineering, Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering Technology, Control Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, and Instrumentation Engineering.
7. UNIUYO requires ND/HND in relevant programs in addition to UTME requirements.
8. NTNU requires any 2 ‘A level’ passes in Science subjects, ND/HND lower credit, or NCE merit in relevant programs.
9. River State University of Science and Technology – Same as in Civil Engineering.
10). MOUA accepts ND/HND upper credit with at least a B average in Maths in addition to UTME requirements.
11). OOU requires ND upper/HND upper/lower credit in Computer Science.
12). BELLS requires
a) Two (2) ‘A’ level passes among Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
b) ND/HND upper credit in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Universities in Nigeria Offering Computer Engineering
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE)
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- ABUAD (AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE
- AUN (AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE)
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE
- EKSU(EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE)
- EUI (EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE)
- FED-OYE EKITI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- FUTA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE)
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE)
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE)
- LAUTECH (LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE)
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, ABUJA
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- ODUDUWA UNIVERSITY, IPETUMODU, OSUN STATE
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE)
- RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, R/STATE)
- UMUDIKE (MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE)
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)