The admission requirement for education and economics consists of O’Level and JAMB subject combinations required for this course. Also, the proper UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements will all be listed here.
So, if you are in search of the proper O’Level and JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements for education and economics, then you have landed on the right page. In addition to the aforementioned, you will find the complete list of all the Universities in Nigeria offering the course.
All you are required to do is go through this page to find the prerequisites which will make you gain admission easily. With the prerequisites, you will also be able to avoid unnecessary mistakes while applying for admission. Below are all the admission requirements for education and economics.
Also Read: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS – (Subject Combination & Other Requirements)
JAMB Subject Combination & Requirements
There are three subjects that you are going to face in your JAMB UTME examination. They are compulsory and required to study this course. Below you will find the proper JAMB UTME subject combination for Education and Economics which happens to be under the faculty of Education in all the Universities listed below.
3). And any other one subject from History, Geography/Physics, Lit. in English, and Government.
1). UNIBEN requires any other subject as the fourth subject.
2). DELSU accepts two of Geography /Physics, Government, and Mathematics.
3). LASU requires Geography.
4). UNILAG requires one (1) other subject from Government, Accounting, and Geography.
5). OOU requires Economics or Mathematics & any two (2) other Social Science subjects.
6). EBSU requires Biology as the third subject.
7). KSU accepts Economics, Mathematics, and any one of the Commercial or Social Science subjects.
8). ABSU accepts CRK/IRS and any other two (2) subjects.
9). TASUED accepts Mathematics, Economics, and any one (1) of History, Geography, Government, Accounting, and Commerce.
10). MAIDUGURI accepts Mathematics, Economics, and one other subject from Physics, Geography, History, Literature in English, and Government.
*. AGRICULTURE AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS.
*. AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS – (Subject Combination & Other Requirements)
*. AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS & FARM MANAGEMENT.
*. COMPUTER SCIENCE WITH ECONOMICS – (Admission Requirements).
*. COMPUTER SCIENCE WITH ECONOMICS MATHEMATICS.
*. COOPERATIVE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT.
O’Level Subject Combination and Requirement
There are five relevant and important subjects that are required to study Education and Economics. And, you are expected to score not less than Five SSCE credit passes in the required subjects. Also note that the subjects are not restricted to only WAEC, but also include NECO, GCE, and their equivalent. Below are the required five (5) O’Level subjects for Education and Economics.
3). English Language.
4). And any other two (2) subjects.
1). UNILORIN requires a pass in Mathematics.
2). EKSU accepts two Social Science subjects.
3). UDUSOK expects candidates without credit in Mathematics to take and pass Basic Mathematics.
4). UNIOSUN requires five (5) SSCE credit passes or its equivalents in the following subjects: Economics, English Language, Mathematics, and credit in three (3) other relevant Social Science or Art subjects at not more than two (2) sittings. They also expect the candidate to earn an acceptable score in the UTME.
5). ABSU, UNIABUJA, and UNIJOS accept ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics, though the such candidate may be expected to pass a remedial course in the 1st year.
6). OAU requires O’ level credit passes in five (5) subjects that must include Economics, Mathematics, and English Language in addition to any other two subjects or Five TC II credit/merit passes which should include Social Studies, English Language, and Mathematics.
7). EBSU Five (5)`O` level credits in Economics, English, Biology, Mathematics, and any other social science subject.
8). UNIBEN requires any other Social Science subject plus Economics.
9). AAUA requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include Economics, Mathematics, English Language, and any of Geography, Government, and Commerce.
10). LCITY accepts SSC credit passes or its equivalent in Economics, English Language, Mathematics, and two (2) other Social Science subjects.
11). TASUED requires Five (5) ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six (6) ‘O’ level credits at two sittings in Mathematics, Economics, English, and any two/three Science or Social Science.
12). DELSU requires not less than five (5) ‘O’ Level credits that must include Economics, Mathematics, English Language, and any two (2) other Social Science subjects.
13). UNILAG requires the two (2) other subjects to be chosen from Accounting, Geography, and Government.
READ THIS: Approved JAMB Registration Centres in Nigeria.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
For all those candidates that will not be using UTME to apply for admission to study Education and Economics, you are expected to satisfy the Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Education and Economics. Below are the admission requirements for direct entry candidates who want to study Education and Economics.
1). Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Economics and one (1) other important subjects.
2). NCE credit/merit level passes in Economics and one (1) other subjects.
A). UNIUYO requires credit in Mathematics.
B). BIU same as Business Education.
C). UI – accepts NCE graduates from all affiliated colleges of Education straight into 300 level.
D). LASU requires NCE (Merit) in Business Education or Account.
E). UNILAG accepts:
1). Good passes in three (3) JUPEB subjects which should include Mathematics, Economics, and one (1) other subjects from Accounting, Geography, and Government.
2). NCE: Merit passes in Economics and any other subject from Accounting, Government, and Geography.
3). Two A/Level passes in Economics and one other subject from Government, Commerce, and Geography.
4). Candidates must also meet the O/Level requirement.
Read This: Current JAMB Registration Form.
F). AAUA requires:
1). Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Economics and other relevant subject.
2). ND credit in Banking and Finance, Economics and Accounting.
3). NCE merit in Business Education, Economics, and one (1) other subjects.
G). UNICAL requires NCE with credit or merit passes in Economics and any other subject.
H). ABSU accepts credit passes in English.
I). DELSU accepts NCE merit passes in Economics and any relevant Social Science subject.
J). OAU accepts NCE credit/merit passes in two teaching or Professional subject OR two (2) ‘A’ Level credit passes in Economics & one other Social Sciences subject. They also accept NCE Accounting/Business Studies (double major or combined with any teaching subject).
K). EBSU requires Two ‘A’ level passes/NCE in Economics, Mathematics, or social studies.
L). ILORIN doesn’t accept Direct Entry General English at NCE level instead of ‘O’ Level credit pass in English Language.
7. TASUED accepts Two (2) ‘A’ level/NCE Merit in Economics and any one of Geography, Mathematics, Accounting, Statistics, Business Management, Agric. Science, Government, and History.
*. ABSU School Fees Schedule For All Students In 2020/2021 Academic Session.
*. FUTO School Fees Schedule For All Students In 2020/2021 Academic Session
*. UNIZIK School Fees Schedule For All Students In 2020/2021 Academic Session.
*. UNIMAID School Fees Schedule For All Students In 2020/2021 Academic Session.
*. UNN School Fees Schedule For All Students In 2020/2021 Academic Session.
List of Nigerian Universities Offering Education and Economics
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- AAUA (ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE)
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE.
- UNIABUJA (UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT)
- ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO STATE. (AFFL TO OAU, ILE-IFE)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AGBOR, DELTA STATE. (AFFL TO DELTA STATE UNIV, ABRAKA).
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – AL-HIKMAH
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, EHA AMUFU (AFFILIATED TO UNN).
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE.
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE.
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- BIU (BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE.
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AZARE (AFFILIATED WITH UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE).
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV).
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE. (AFFL TO UNN).
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- EUI (EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE)
- ENUGU STATE COL OF EDUC.(TECH), ENUGU (AFFL TO NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIV, AWKA).
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE.
- FED-KASHERE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE)
- FED-OYE EKITI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE.
- GOUU (GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE).
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE.
- TAI SOLARIN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IJEBU-ODE, OGUN STATE (AFFL TO OLABISIONABANJO UNIVERSITY).
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI. (AFFL TO UNN).
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILA-ORANGUN (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNI, ADO EKITI).
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KATSINA-ALA, BENUE STATE. (AFFL TO UNICAL).
- KSU (KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE)
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA).
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, EHA AMUFU (AFFILIATED TO UNN).
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE)
- LCITY (LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE.
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE.
- MICHAEL OTEDOLA COL OF PRIMARY EDUC. EPE, LAGOS (AFFL TO UNI IBADAN).
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE.
- NIGER STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MINNA (AFFL TO USMANU DANFODIYO UNI, SOKOTO).
- NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, NSUGBE. (AFFL TO UNN).
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE)
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ORO (AFFILIATED WITH EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY).
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILESA, OSUN STATE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN).
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- SHEHU SHAGARI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, SOKOTO (AFFL TO UDU, SOKOTO).
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE.
- TASUED (TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE).
- TSUJ (TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE)
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE)
- UMYUK (UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE)
- UNIOSUN (OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT.
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, WARRI (AFFL TO DELSU).
- YSU (YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE).
Leave a Comment