The WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Education and English Language will be covered in this article alongside the admission requirements for this course. So, if you have been searching for the right subject combination required to study Education and English Language, then just stay with us.
Apart from the aforementioned, you will also see the list of Universities offering the course. You will also find the UTME and Direct Entry Admission requirements for Education and English Language. We also covered the **special considerations (Waivers) covered by all the Universities listed below.
To successfully apply and gain admission into any higher institution in Nigeria, you are expected to carefully go through this page to be able to avoid mistakes while applying for admission. With the information on this page, you have a higher chance of being offered admission.
Read Also: APPROVED JAMB CBT CENTRES AND LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA.
JAMB Subject Combination & Requirements
All the UTME candidates are to expect three compulsory subjects in their UTME examination for Education and English Language. You are also expected to score not less than 180 in your JAMB UTME examination to be qualified to study this course at a University. Below is the proper JAMB subject combination for Education and English Language.
1). Literature in English.
2). An Arts subject.
3). And any other subject.
1). IMSU accepts any other subject.
2). AAUA accepts Literature in English and any two (2) Arts subjects.
3). EBSU requires Literature in English and two (2) other Arts subjects.
4). DELSU also accepts English Literature and two (2) relevant Social Science/Arts subjects.
5). UNIBEN requires the third (3rd) subject to be either an Arts or a Social Science subject.
6). LAGOS accepts any three (3) Of Government/History, Literature in English, Arabic/French, Math, Geography, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies, Yoruba/Igbo, and any of Commerce or Economics.
7). OOU requires Literature in English and two (2) other Arts subjects.
8). MAIDUGURI accepts any three (3) Arts subjects.
9). SLUK requires any three (3) subjects from History, Literature in English, Government, French, Arabic, Islamic Studies, and Hausa.
- ADULT EDUCATION/ENGLISH LITERATURE.
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION.
- AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING.
- AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION.
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR BUSINESS EDUCATION.
O’Level Subject Combination and Requirements
Candidates applying to study Education and English Language are expected to possess at least five (5) required SSC credit passes. The O’Level subject combination is not limited to only WAEC, but it also includes NECO, GCE, and their equivalent. Below is the required O’Level subject combination for English Language under the faculty of Education.
1). Literature in English.
2). English Language.
3). Any three (3) Social Science or Arts Subjects.
1). UNIOSUN requires SSCE or its equivalents with credit passes in five (5) subjects which must include Mathematics, English Literature, English Language, and any other three (3) relevant Art or Social Science subjects which must be in not more than two sittings. The candidate is also expected to score well in the UTME.
2). AAUA accepts any other subjects.
3). UNILAG accepts five Credits passes which must include Mathematics, English, Literature in English, and 2 of Economics, Yoruba/Igbo, Government or History, French, Geography, IRS, and Arabic.
4). DELSU requires General English at NCE in place of ‘O’ level credits/TC II merit in English Language.
5). BSU requires merit/credit at TC II in relevant subjects.
6). TASUED requires at least five (5) SSCE credits at one sitting or six (6) at two sittings. The SSCE credit passes must be in the following subjects: English Language, Literature in English, and at least one other Arts subject.
7). OAU requires five ‘0’ Level credits which must include Literature in English, and English Language in addition to credit passes in any three other subjects or Merit/Credit passes in 5 TC II subjects that are relevant to the course of study might be accepted.
8). EBSU and UNIABUJA require five (5) `O` level credits in Lit-in-English, Mathematics, English Language, and any other two Arts subjects.
9). UNIBEN accepts five (5) O’ level credit passes which must include English Language and other subjects from French, Literature-in-English, Fine Arts, History, Religious Knowledge, and Government.
10). UMYUK accepts five (5) O/Level credit passes which must include English Language and any other four Arts subjects plus a pass in Mathematics.
11). LASU accepts nothing less than credit in Mathematics.
12). ABSU accepts five (5) SSCE credits to include English Literature, English Language, and any three (3) subjects.
READ THIS: JAMB Registration Form Now on Sales (View Here).
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
For candidates that don’t intend to apply for admission to study Education and English Language through UTME are expected to meet the direct entry requirements. Below are the Education and English Language direct entry admission requirements.
a). Two ‘A’ level passes in relevant teaching subjects which must include Literature in English.
b). NCE with merit or credit passes in two (2) relevant subjects.
1). UNILAG accepts:
i). Candidates must, in addition, satisfy the O/Level requirements.
ii). Two (2) ‘A-Level passes’ in Literature-in English and English Language.
iii). NCE: Literature-in English, Mathematics, English Language, and any other two (2) subjects.
iv). Very Good passes in three (3) JUPEB subjects which should include Literature-in-English, and any two of Government, French, Igbo, Arabic, Yoruba, CRS, History, IRS, and Economics.
2). UNIPORT doesn’t offer Direct Entry admission for this course.
3). UNIJOS accepts holders of the National Diploma.
4). OAU requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in relevant subjects which must include Literature-in-English. They may also consider NCE with credit or merit passes in two (2) relevant teaching subjects which must include Literature.
5). TASUED requires NCE merit in two (2) teaching subjects which must include Literature in English provided that they meet the basic ‘O’ Level requirements. They don’t accept General English in place of Literature-in-English.
6). UNN requires NCE with at least credits in relevant subjects to be combined with Education for admission into 300 level.
7). LASU only requires NCE (merit) in English and one other Art subject.
8). BSU accepts ‘A’ level credit passes in relevant teaching subjects which must include Literature-in-English, NCE with English Language, and any other Arts subject.
9). BIU in addition to the O’ level requirements specified above, requires a minimum of two relevant subjects passed at NCE (3 merits) or GCE Advanced level or National Diploma in a relevant field and it must not be below credit level.
10). UNIOSUN requires two (2) A/Level passes at credit level and it must include English Language.
11). IBADAN considers candidates with NCE and ‘O’ Level credit passes in subjects to be combined with Education into 300 level.
12). EBSU also requires NCE/Two ‘A’ level passes in Literature-in-English and English Language.
13). UMYUK requires two (2) A/Level passes at credit level. They also accept NCE credit in English and any other Arts Subjects.
- JAMB Registration Centres in Nigeria Approved By JAMB Board.
- UNN School Fees Schedule For The New Academic Session.
- IMSU School Fees Schedule For The New Academic Session.
- ABSU School Fees Schedule For The New Academic Session.
- JAMB and O’Level Subjects Combination for Dentistry and Dental Surgery.
Nigerian Universities Offering Education and English Language
- Adeyemi College of Education
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- College of Education, Agbor
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Bayero University, Kano
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Jigawa State College of Education, Gumel
- Saadatu Rimi College of Education, Kumbotso
- Edo University Iyamo
- Ekiti State University
- Federal College of Education, Okene
- Federal College of Education, Katsina
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa (SLU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State.
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Osun State College of Education Ilesa
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Federal College of Education (Special) Oyo
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYUK)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
- Veritas University, Abuja
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI)
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- College Of Education Zing Taraba State
Leave a Comment