Agriculture as a course in Nigeria is fast becoming competitive which is the reason we have created this page to show you the proper WAEC and JAMB Subjects for Agriculture and other requirements.
Before you apply to study Agriculture at any Nigerian University, you must read through this content to get all the ideas necessary to seamlessly register and apply for admission to study it. First of all, you are required to be a student with a science background to qualify to study this course. This means Agriculture is a course not suitable for commercial or art students.
You will find other vital information such as WAEC & JAMB Subjects for Agriculture, Direct Entry (DE) Requirements, Universities in Nigeria where you can study Agriculture, Career opportunities for those with a degree in Agriculture, and lots more.
READ THIS POST: AGRIC BUSINESS – (Subject Combination & Other Requirements)
O’Level Subjects for Agriculture & Requirements
The WAEC subject combination required for Agriculture will be listed below. You are required to have not less than five (5) SSC credit passes which must include the following:
1). Biology/Agricultural Science.
2). English Language.
4). And any 1 of Physics, Mathematics, Economics, and Geography.
PLEASE NOTE: The O’Level subject combination is not limited to just WAEC, but it also includes NECO, GCE, and their equivalent.
A). MOUA accepts 5 ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than 2 sittings which must include Chemistry, English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, or Biology, and any other science subjects. They also require at least an ‘O’ level pass in Physics. ‘O’ level credit in Agric. Science must be backed up with at least an ‘O’ level pass in Biology.
B). ABU requires credits in Physics and Mathematics. They also accept 5 ‘O’ level credit passes to include Biology/Agricultural Science, English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, and Geography.
C). UI requires 5 credit passes to include Biology/Agricultural Science, English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, and any 1 of Economics, Geography, or Physics.
D). KSU requires 5 SSC credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Agricultural Science or Biology, and a pass in Physics, Economics, or any other Science/Social science subject. A credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least an ‘O’ level pass in Biology.
MORE READS: AGRIC EXTENSION AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT.
E). EKSU, UNIILORIN, and OOU accept ‘O’ level pass in Physics.
F). UNIILORIN, UI, TASUED, and EKSU require a pass in Biology and ‘O’ level credit in Agricultural Science.
G). FED-DUTSINMA requires 5 SSC credit passes in Chemistry, English Language, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, and Geography/Physics/Economics.
H). BAYERO requires 5 O’ level credit passes in the following subjects; Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, English Language, and any 1 of Physics/Mathematics, Geography.
I). AAU and UDUSOK accept ‘O’ level pass in the English Language.
J). BIU requires at least an ‘O’ level pass in Physics.
K). FED-OYE EKITI accepts ‘O’ level credit pass in Physics and consideration can be given to candidates with ‘O’ level credit in Mathematics and ‘O’ level pass in Physics.
L). IMSU requires a pass in Maths only if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice versa.
M). FED-WUKARI accepts 5 O’ level credit passes at not more than 2 sittings and the subjects must include Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, or Biology and any 1 of Economics, Physics, and Geography.
N). BABCOCK requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture Science, Physics/Geography, Home Economics/Food &Nutrition.
O). LANDMARK – Same as in Agricultural Economics
P). ABUAD requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
Q). EBSU (offers the course Agricultural \Mechanization and Technology)
JAMB Subjects for Agriculture
There are three (3) O’Level subjects that you are going to see in the JAMB UTME examination. They will be listed below, but it is also important you note that the JAMB Cut-off mark for Agriculture for Universities is 180, though we urge you to aim for 200 and above to stand a better chance of being admitted on merit. Below is the JAMB subject combination for Agriculture:
3). And any 1 of Physics or Mathematics.
1). IBB requires Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
2). LANDMARK – Same as in Agricultural Economics.
3). ABUAD requires Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology.
4). ABU requires Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology/Agriculture.
5). FED-DUTSINMA requires Chemistry, Mathematics/Physics, and Biology/Agriculture.
6). KSU requires Biology, Chemistry, and any Agricultural Science, Physics, and Mathematics.
7). IMSU, UNIILORIN, and UDUSOK accept Geography or Economics instead of Physics/Mathematics.
RELATED CONTENT; AGRIC EXTENSION SERVICES – (Subject Combination & Other Requirements)
Agriculture Direct Entry Requirements
If you don’t intend to apply to study Agriculture at any University in Nigeria through UTME, then you should ensure that you meet the requirements below:
- Two (2) ‘A level’ passes in Chemistry and 1 of Botany/Biology/Zoology/Agricultural Science, Economics, Physics, Geography, and Geology/Mathematics (Pure & Applied).
1). IMSU – accepts ND/NCE Double Major or HND in Agriculture as well as related disciplines with at least a merit pass for consideration into 200 level and HND (Upper Credit) into 300 level.
2). ABU and UDUSOK accept ND distinction, NCE double major at credit level, and HND credit in Agriculture. UDUSOK accepts ND Upper credit and HND lower credit.
3). MAIDUGURI and ABSU accept ND Agriculture into a 100-level program. (While 200 Level for EDSU).
4). AAU accepts Biology or Agriculture, Chemistry at ‘A’ level and ND upper credit in Agric. Science and HND Agriculture which will not be below credit pass. They also accept ND/NCE credit in Agricultural Science with at least an O’Level pass in Physics.
5). AAU, UNIMAID, and UNIIBADAN accept NCE merit in Agriculture double major.
6). MOUA and EBSU accept ND distinction/credit, HND credit to 200 level. Meanwhile, ND lower credit, NCE Double Major at credit/merit level in Agriculture will be considered for admission into 100 level.
7). ABUAD accepts ‘A’ level passes or its equivalent qualifications as approved by the Nigerian Senate in at least 2 subjects which must include Biology and any 1 of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
8). UNIILORIN requires ND/NCE credit pass in Agriculture into 200 level. Meanwhile, those with HND will be considered for admission into 300 level. They also require NCE merit in Chemistry, Agriculture, or Biology and ND merit in Business Management, Banking/Finance in addition to the UTME requirements.
9). UNIILORIN and IBB require ‘A’ level passes in both Biology and Chemistry.
10). MOUA and UI accept HND or ND in the related fields. UI Agricultural candidates must apply to read Agriculture Until 500 level when options will be available.
11). BIU accepts a minimum of 2 relevant subjects passed at NCE merits or GCE ‘A’ level or ND in relevant programs and it must not be below credit level NCE merits in addition to the ‘O’ level requirements specified above.
12). DELSU and IBB accept ND upper credit in Agriculture in addition to 5 relevant credit pass at SSC.
13). EKSU accepts a minimum of a credit pass in Physics and also requires ND upper credit in Agriculture-related programs. Forestry Assistant Certificate from Ibadan, IITA, or any other relevant Higher Institution.
14). BAYERO accepts:
ii). NCE in Chemistry and Biology.
iii). NCE Agriculture double major.
15). KUST accepts ND and NCE merit in Chemistry/Biology upper credit/any relevant qualification.
16). ABU accepts:
i). Two (2) IJMB/A level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science, Geography, Economics, Physics and Mathematics (Pure & Applied)/Geology.
17). BIU accepts ND/NCE distinction or credits for consideration into 200 level.
18). BOWEN accepts NCE/ND or approved equivalent in relevant programs, and IJMB at acceptable levels. They also accept an O’ level pass in Physics for Food Science and Technology.
19). FED-OYE EKITI requires ND, NCE with good passes in Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, and ‘O’ level credits.
20). FED-DUTSINMA accepts two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Botany/Biology/Zoology/Agricultural Science/Physics.
21). HND in Agriculture related field of study with a minimum of a credit pass.
22). MOUA accepts ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Botany/Biology/Zoology/Agricultural Science.
23). KSUSTA accepts NCE in Agricultural Science.
- RIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION – (Subject Combination & Other Requirements)
- AGRIC-EXTENSION AND RURAL SOCIOLOGY – (Subject Combination & Other Requirements)
- AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING – (Subjects & Admission Requirements)
- AGRICULTURAL ADMINISTRATION – (Subject Combination & Other Requirements)
- AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND MANAGEMENT – (Requirements & Subject Combination)
List of Universities in Nigeria Offering Agriculture
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- AAUA (ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE)
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- ABUAD (AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- ADSU (ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE)
- AKSU (AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE)
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE
- BIU (BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE – CRAWFORD
- CRUTECH (CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE)
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE)
- FED-DUTSE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE)
- FED-DUTSINMA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE)
- FED-GASHUA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE)
- FED-KASHERE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE)
- FED-NDUFU (ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE)
- FED-OYE EKITI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- FED-WUKARI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE)
- FUTO (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- UNILORIN (UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- UNIABUJA (UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT)
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- KASU (KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE)
- KSU (KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE)
- KSUSTA (KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE)
- KUST (KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE)
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE)
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE
- LAPAI (IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE)
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE)
- LAUTECH (LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE)
- OSUSTECH (ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE)
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS, PLATEAU STATE
- RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, R/STATE)
- UMUDIKE (MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE)
- UNI-AFRICA (UNIVERSITY OF AFRICA, TORU-ORUA, BAYELSA STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE
FED-DUTSINMA With options in:
i). Soil Science
ii). Animal Health Production
iii). Crop Production and Protection
iv). Agric Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology
FED-DUTSE With options in:
1a). Agric Economics and Extension
b). Crop Science
c). Animal Science
d). Soil Science
e). Crop Protection
2). Fisheries and Aquaculture.
3). Forestry and Wildlife Management.
FED-WUKARI With options in:
i). Agric Economics/ Extension
ii). Anima Production and Health
iii). Crop Production and protection
iv). Soil Science and Land Resources Management
FED-OYEEKITI With options in:
i). Soil Science
ii). Crop Science and Horticulture
iii). Animal Production and Health
iv). Agric Economics and Extension
GREGORY ILORIN with options in:
ii). Crop Protection
iii) Animal Production
iv). Agric-Economics & Farm Mgt.
v). Agric. Extension & Rural Development.
IMSU with options in:
1). Crop Science and Biotech
2a). Agric. Economics.
b). Animal Science and Fisheries.
c). Rural Development and Extension.
d). Soil Science and Environmental Management.
FED-KASHERE With options in:
ii). Soil Science.
iii). Animal Science.
iv). Agric Economics and Extension Services.
MAKURDI (General Agriculture)
UMUDIKE with options for the final year in:
ii). Agric Economics.
iii). Animal Production.
iv). Plant Health Management.
v). Soil Science & Agro-Climatology
vi). Agric Extension & Rural Sociology.
ADSU with options in:
i). Agricultural Economics and Extension
ii). Animal Production
iii). Crop Protection
iv). Soil Science
UYO with options in:
i). Agric. Economics & Extension.
ii). Crop Science.
iii). Soil Science.
iv). Animal Science.
BIU with options in:
ii). Soil Science.
iii). Animal Science.
iv). Crop Production.
v). Animal Production.
vi). Agricultural Economics and Extension Services.
vii). Forestry and Wild Life and Environmental Management.
KSU with options in:
i). Soil Science.
ii). Crop Production.
iii). Animal Production.
iv). Agric. Economics and Extension.
UNIZIK With options in:
i). Agric Economics & Ext.
ii). Animal Science & Technology.
iii). Crop Science & Horticulture.
iv). Fishery & Aquaculture.
v). Food & Technology.
vi). Forestry & Wildlife Mgt.
vii). Soil Science & Technology
UNN with options in:
i). Crop Production
ii). Animal Production
iii). Agric Ext. and Rural Sociology
iv). Soil Science & Farm Mechanisation.
v). Agric Business and Farm Management
KUST with options in:
i). Crop Science & Env. Sc.
ii). Animal Prod. & Crop Sci.
iii). Agric-Economics & Ext. Services.
iv). Forestry, Wildlife & Fisheries.
LAUTECH with options in:
i). Agric. Economics.
ii). Agricultural Extension & Rural Development.
ii). Agricultural Production & Renewable Resources.
BOWEN with options in:
i). Crop Production
ii). Forestry and Wood Tech.
iii). Food Science & Technology.
iv). Home Science & Management.
v). Agric Ext. & Rural Development.
vi). Agric-Economics & Farm Management.
vii). Animal Science & Fisheries Management.
CRUTECH with an option in:
ii). Animal Science.
iii). Agricultural Economics and Extension.
BAYERO with options in:
i). Soil Science
iii). Crop Science
iv). Crop Protection
v). Agric – Economics
vi). Animal Science
CAREER/JOBS for AGRICULTURE GRADUATES
- Agricultural Operations Manager
- Agricultural Lawyer
- Research and market analysts
- Food Scientist
- Bioinformatics Scientist
- Agricultural Engineer
- Animal Geneticist
- Environmental Engineer
- Agronomy Sales Manager
Leave a Comment