Gaining admission to study Education and Religious Studies can be a bit challenging and it’s the reason we bring you admission requirements, JAMB Subjects Combination combination, and O’Level subjects required to study this course.
On this page, you will also find the direct entry admission requirements for this course. You will also find the list of all the Universities in Nigeria offering Education and Religious Studies as well as their special considerations (waiver). Below are all the requirements needed to gain admission into any higher institution to study education and religious Studies.
READ ALSO: Top 10 Best Public Universities in Nigeria By Nuc.
O’Level Subjects Required For Education and Religious Studies
If you have been searching for NECO, GCE, or WAEC subject combinations for education and religious studies, then you are definitely in the right place. Both Direct Entry (DE) candidates and UTME candidates are required to possess not less than five (5) credit passes in the required SSC O’Level subjects which will be listed below.
Both UTME and Direct Entry candidates are expected to have five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes or TC II merit in five (5) subjects which must include
1). English Language.
2). Religious Studies.
3). And three (3) other Arts subjects, making it a total number of five (5) subjects.
1). UNICAL requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in the following subjects: Religious Studies, English Language, and any three (3) Arts subjects. They also accept ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
2). AAUA requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include Mathematics, History/Government, English Language, CRS/IRS, and any one (1) Arts subject.
3). ABU accepts one (1) other Social Science subject in place of an Art subject.
4). EBSU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include Christian Religious Studies, and Islamic Studies at not more than two (2) sittings.
5). DELSU requires 5 ‘O’ Level credit in the following subjects: Mathematics, Religious Studies, English Language, and any two (2) Social Science/Arts subjects.
6). OAU requires 5 ‘O’ Level credit passes or TC II merits which should include Christian Religious Studies, English Language, and three (3) other relevant subjects.
READ ALSO: 21 Courses you can Study in Nigerian Universities Without Mathematics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Education and Religious Studies.
UTME candidates are going to be facing three (3) O’Level subjects in their JAMB UTME exercise. They are also expected to score not less than 180 if they want to study the course at any of the Universities listed below. Below are the requirements and JAMB subject combination for Education and Religious Studies which happens to be under the Faculty of Education.
1). English Language.
2). Religious studies.
3). And anyone (1) other subjects.
1). UNIBEN accepts any three (3) subjects.
2). UNICAL and EBSU require Christian Religious Studies and two (2) other Arts subjects.
3). AAUA requires Government/History, CRS/IRS, and any other Arts subject.
4). DELSU requires CRS and any two (2) Social Science, Arts subjects.
5). OAU requires Religious Studies and any two (2) of Music, History, Fine Arts, Yoruba, French, Government, and Literature in English.
*. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES.
*. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR AFRICAN AND ASIAN STUDIES.
*. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ARABIC AND ISLAMIC STUDIES.
*. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPARATIVE RELIGIOUS STUDIES.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
If you happen to be among the direct entry candidates who don’t intend to apply to study education and religious studies via UTME, then you have to meet up with the direct entry admission requirements to study Education and Religious Studies. Below are the Education and Religious Studies direct entry admission requirements:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes/NCE merit in Religious Studies and one (1) other Arts subject.
READ ALSO: Current JAMB Cut-Off Mark for all Universities and Polytechnics.
1). UNICAL accepts NCE merit or credit in Christian Religious Studies.
2). OAU accepts two (2) NCE credit merit or ‘A’ Level passes in Christian Religious Studies and any other Arts or professional subjects.
3). ABU requires two (2) NCE merit/’A’ Level passes in Christian Religious Studies and Education.
4). UNN accepts NCE credit in Christian Religious Studies at 300 level.
5). DELSU requires;
i). At least NCE merit passes in Religious Studies and any other Social Science/Arts subject.
ii). GCE ‘A’ Level passes must include Religious Studies and any Social Science or Art subject.
iii). Merit in DELSU Diploma in Religious Studies.
iv). Direct Entry, Diploma of Theology which must be from a recognized seminary may be considered for admission.
6). EBSU accepts
i). OND/NCE and HND with a minimum of Upper Credit and Merit respectively.
ii). two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies.
READ ALSO: Current List Of (NUC) Approved Polytechnics in Nigeria.
Universities In Nigeria Offering Education And Religious Studies
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE).
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE).
- AAUA (ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE).
- ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO STATE. (AFFL TO OAU, ILE-IFE) – ADEYEMIDEG
- BCT (BAPTIST COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE) (AFFL TO AMBROSE ALLI UNIV)
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE).
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE.
- BSU (BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE).
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE).
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE).
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE).
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE. (AFFL TO UNN).
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA).
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN, PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS).
- IAUED (IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
- IKERE-EKITI (COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI). (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA).
- EBONYI STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKWO, (AFFILIATED TO EBSU) EBONYI STATE.
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE.
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KATSINA-ALA, BENUE STATE. (AFFL TO UNICAL).
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE).
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- SPIRITAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY, ATTAKWU, ENUGU STATE.
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE).
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE).
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE).
Places To Work With a Degree in Education And Religious Studies
Below you will find out some of the places you can work with a degree in Education And Religious Studies. Some of the Jobs are directly related while some are not. Below are the various job opportunities for those with a degree in Education And Religious Studies.
1). Higher education lecturer.
2). You can also work as a Secondary school teacher.
6). Charity fundraiser
7). Community development worker.
8). Newspaper journalist.
9). International aid/development worker.
10). Civil Service administrator.
Do we hope the information above was useful? You can help this post get to others who might be needing it by sharing it via the social sharing buttons on the left-hand side of this post. See you in the next post…
Leave a Comment