We would like to share with you the O’Level and JAMB subject combination for Zoology as well as the admission requirements for the course. In addition to that, we will list all the Universities in Nigeria where you can study the course alongside their special considerations and remark.
Both UTME and Direct Entry candidates who want to study this course pay attention to this page. This is because it contains all the prerequisites that will help them carry out their UTME/Direct Entry registration. And also, it will help them stand the chances of being offered admission provided they satisfy the admission requirements listed below.
UTME and Direct Entry Admission Requirements For Zoology
If you have been searching for the admission requirements needed to study Zoology, then you are in the right place. Below you will find the subjects required to study Zoology and the list of Universities where you can study the course. Additionally, we included places you can work with a degree in Zoology. This page will teach you more about Zoology.
Credits To Idaho Public Television.
O’Level Subjects & Requirements For Zoology
Candidates should be aware that their O’Level subjects play a very vital role in deciding whether they are qualified to study a particular course or not. Candidates applying for Zoology are expected to have at least five (5) SSCE credit passes which must include:
2). English Language.
4). And any other two (2) science subjects.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND REMARKS
i). AAUA requires the fifth subject to be a credit pass in Chemistry.
ii). ABSU and KSU require five (5) SSCE credit passes to include Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, and Mathematics.
iii). IMSU Requires at least a pass in Physics.
iv). LASU requires chemistry in addition to at least a pass in Physics.
v). UNIPORT requires Chemistry and Physics.
vi). UNIMAID accepts a pass in English Language with a credit pass in Sciences.
vii). IGBINEDION requires an O’ level credit in Biology, English Language, Chemistry, Maths, in addition to Physics or any other Science Subject.
viii). KSUST requires credit in Chemistry and they also accept credit in Agriculture in place of Biology.
ix). FUAM – Candidates seeking admission into any of these Programmes must have at least five (5) credit passes which MUST be from one examination body (i.e. either WAEC or NECO) and should not be obtained in more than two (2) sittings. FUAM does not accept WAEC and NECO combinations. Students of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi Pre-degree Remedial Science Programme who were able to pass their end of session examinations are considered admitted on the condition they pass their UTME in addition. PLEASE NOTE: They don’t accept Health Science and Agricultural Science in place of Biology. Meanwhile, Further Mathematics will NOT be accepted instead of Mathematics or Physics.
x). UNILORIN, BASU, and UNIBEN require credit passes in Biology, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. UNIBEN accepts credit passes in any Science Subject in place of Physics.
xi). OAU requires Chemistry or Physics.
xii). RSUST requires Chemistry.
xiii). WESTERN-DEL requires five (5) SSCE credit passes to include Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, English Language, and either Biology or Agriculture and Geography.
xiv). UNICAL requires Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
xv). UNN requires five (5) O’ level credit passes which must be obtained in two (2) sittings at most and it should include English Language, Biology, Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry at School Certificate or its equivalent.
xvi). MOUAU accepts a pass in English.
xvii). BSU accepts passes in five (5) prescribed subjects in Preliminary Science of BSU plus the minimum UTME score.
xviii). DELSU accepts Health/Science in place of Biology and does not require Mathematics.
xix). UNIJOS requires five (5) SSCE credit passes in Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, English Language, and one (1) other Science subject.
xx). UNIUYO requires credit passes in Chemistry and Mathematics and may accept P.7 in Physics.
xxi). RENAISSANCE requires geography.
xxii). IMSU accepts a pass in English Language.
xxiii). UNIBADAN requires 5 or 6 credit passes at one or two sittings and it should include Biology, Chemistry, English Language, Mathematics, and any other Science subject except Agric. Science.
xxiv). OSUSTECH requires five (5) O’ level credit passes in Biology, English language, Chemistry, Mathematics, and any one of Geography, Agricultural Science, and Physics.
xxv). FED-LAFIA requires credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, English Language, Physics, and Mathematics.
xxvi). UNILAG requires credit passes in Physics and Chemistry as the other two (2) science subjects.
xxvii). KWASU requires credit passes from Mathematics, English Language, and any three (3) of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agricultural Science, and Further Mathematics.
xxviii). UNIMAID requires credit passes in Chemistry and Geography/Physics.
*. BOTANY – (Admission Requirements & Subject Combination).
*. ANIMAL PHYSIOLOGY – (Admission Requirements & Subject Combination).
*. FISHERIES – (Admission Requirements & Subject Combination).
*. ANIMAL NUTRITION – (Admission Requirements & Subject Combination).
*. ANIMAL PRODUCTION – (Admission Requirements & Subject Combination).
JAMB Subject Combination for Zoology
UTME candidates should be informed that English Language is a compulsory subject of Zoology. The other remaining three (3) JAMB UMTE subjects are required for Zoology which is under the faculty of Sciences. Below are three (3) other JAMB subjects required to study Zoology:
2). And any two (2) of Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND REMARKS
i). AAU requires Chemistry and Biology.
ii). UI, DELSU, and EKSU do not accept Agric Science as a Science subject.
iii). UNIPORT requires Physics.
iv). BASU requires Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Physics.
v). KWASU requires English chose the course and any two (2) From Biology, Physics, Further Mathematics, and Chemistry.
vi). UDUSOK accepts Agric. Science.
vii). WESTERN-DEL, IFED-LAFIA, UNN, and GBINEDION require Biology, Chemistry, and Physics/Mathematics.
viii). OSUSTECH requires Chemistry, Biology, and anyone Physics, Agricultural Science, and Mathematics.
ix). UNILAG, FUAM, EKSU, DELSU, and UNIBEN, require Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements For Zoology
Candidates who are not willing to apply for admission to study Zoology through UTME are expected to meet the Direct Entry admission requirement study Zoology.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes or NCE in Biology, Zoology, or Botany, and one other Science subject.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND REMARKS
i). ABSU, IMSU, and UNIPORT – No Direct Entry.
ii). OAU, UI, and EKSU do not accept NCE.
iii). UDUSOK accepts HND/ND in relevant fields and UNILORIN accepts NCE passes in Chemistry and Biology in addition to the UTME requirements.
iv). UNICAL accepts Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics.
v). OAU accepts ‘A’ Zoology or Botany.
vi). UNN accepts the following:
a). Two (2) ‘A’ level GCE/HSC passes in Chemistry and Botany/Biology/Zoology with UTME requirement.
b). A degree in relevant fields in addition to the UTME requirements, NCE, and HND credit passes are acceptable.
vii). AAU accepts A/L passes in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/ Zoology.
viii). UNIUYO accepts ND/HND in relevant fields in addition to the UTME requirements.
ix). UI does not accept Agricultural Science as a Science subject.
x). EKSU accepts ‘A’ levels in both Biology and Chemistry. They also accept ND (upper credit) in Chemistry, Biology/ Agric. Science.
xi). LASU accepts Chemistry and Botany/Biology/Zoology in addition to a pass in Physics.
xii). IGBINEDION accepts two (2) A’ levels including Zoology and one of Chemistry or Botany. They also accept ND/HND (lower credit) in Biology, Botany, or Food Technology.
xiii). MAUTECH accepts HND (lower credit) in a relevant field.
xiv). UNIBEN in addition to UTME requirements requires the following:
a). Two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Zoology, Biology, and any other Science course.
b). HND (Lower Credit)/ND (Upper credit) in Food Technology, Science Laboratory Technology.
c). NCE (Overall Merit) with credit pass in Zoology or Biology.
xv). SOUTHWESTERN accepts the following:
a). NCE (credit) in Chemistry or Biology. A’ level Chemistry and Biology/Zoology/Botany.
b). Accepts merit in HND or ND (upper credit) in relevant courses is acceptable. O/L credit in either Physics or Mathematics plus ‘A’ level passes in Biology and Chemistry is acceptable.
xvi). DELSU accepts A’ level to include Chemistry and ND (Upper credit) in Science Technology.
xvii). ABU accepts Agricultural Science in place of Biology.
xviii). KBSUST accepts the following:
a). Any two (2) A-level papers on Chemistry and Biology/Agriculture.
b). NCE in Agricultural Science.
c). ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics or Chemistry will be an advantage but is not compulsory.
xix). AAUA and EKSU require an A’ level passes in both Biology and Chemistry.
xx). WESTERN-DEL accepts the following:
a). Two (2) ‘A’ level passes to include Botany, Biology or Zoology and any one of Maths, Chemistry. and Physics.
b). NCE/ND with at least merit passes in relevant subjects.
xxi). BASU accepts ‘A’level/IJMB passes in any three (3) of the following subjects to include Chemistry, Biology, and any one (1) of Mathematics, Agricultural Science, or Physics. ND (lower credit) in the following areas: Science Laboratory Technology, Microbiology/Biology Option, Food Science Technology, and Animal Health and Husbandry. The candidate must also have the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include Biology, Physics, English Language, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
xxii). AAU accepts ‘A’ level Chemistry and any one of Biology/Zoology/Botany.
xxiii). KWASU accepts the following:
a). Two (2) G.C.E. A/L or its equivalent, one must be in a relevant subject.
b). HND (lower credit) in a relevant field.
c). ND (Upper Credit minimum) in a relevant field.
d). NCE Candidate with a minimum of credit passes in relevant subjects might likely be considered for a Direct Entry Admission provided candidates meet the necessary O’L requirements.
xxiv). UNILORIN requires NCE passes in Biology and Physics/Chemistry is acceptable in addition to UTME requirements.
xxv). FUAM requires ‘A’ Level GCE passes in Chemistry, Biology and either Mathematics or Physics MUST be obtained. HND, ND, and NCE graduates in Science/ Technology with credit level pass in the relevant subjects must be considered plus UTME requirements.
xxvi). OSUSTECH requires the following:
a). Two (2) A’ level passes in Biology, Physics, or Chemistry.
b). ND (National Diploma) with Distinction and credit passes in relevant subjects.
Universities In Nigeria Offering Zoology
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE).
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE).
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE).
- ABUAD (AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE.
- ADSU (ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE).
- AKSU (AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE).
- BASU (BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE).
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE.
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE).
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE.
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE.
- BSU (BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE).
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE).
- CRAWFORD UNIVERSITY, IGBESA, OGUN STATE.
- CUAB (CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE).
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE).
- DOMINICAN-UNI (DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE).
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE).
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- FED-DUTSE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE).
- FED-GUSAU (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE).
- FED-LAFIA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE).
- FED-LOKOJA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE).
- FUNAAB (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE).
- GSU (GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE).
- HALLMARK UNIVERSITY, IJEBU-ITELE, OGUN STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE.
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE).
- JABU (JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE.
- KSU (KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE).
- KSUSTA (KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE).
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE.
- LAPAI (IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE).
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE).
- LEGACY UNIVERSITY, OKIJA, ANAMBRA STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE.
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE.
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE.
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE.
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE).
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE).
- OSUSTECH (ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, OKITIPUPA).
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE.
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, OKUN-OWA, OGUN STATE.
- TSUJ (TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE).
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE).
- UNIHEZ (HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE).
- UNIOSUN (OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE).
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE).
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE).
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE).
- VERITAS UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT.
Places You Can Work With A Degree In Zoology
If you are a zoologist, then you must certainly have in-depth knowledge of animal sciences and fieldwork and Lab. With such knowledge, you are equipped to work both in fields such as agricultural, environmental, and pharmaceutical industries. Below are places and fields you can work as a zoologist:
- Animal nutritionist.
- Academic researcher.
- Animal physiotherapist.
- Biomedical scientist.
- Environmental manager.
- Environmental consultant.
- Environmental education officer.
- Field trials officer.
- Higher education lecturer.
- Marine scientist.
- Marine biologist.
- Nature conservation officer.
- Research scientist (life sciences).
- Science writer.
- Veterinary nurse.
- Veterinary surgeon.
Do we hope this page (JAMB and O’Level Subject Combination for Zoology) was able to provide you with the answers to your questions? Should in case you still have any questions you want us to clear up for you, feel free to share them via the comment section.