Education And History Admission Requirements will be listed in this article. They include the proper WAEC and JAMB subject combination, special waivers, consideration by various universities in Nigeria, and more.
In addition to the aforementioned, we are also going to be including a list of Universities in Nigeria where you can study Education And History. Be rest assured that the information shared on this page is in line with the JAMB brochure for the current academic session.
The reason we are acquainting you with the JAMB Subject combination for Education And History, admission requirements, and the general prerequisites for Education And History is to help you easily gain admission. The fact is that gaining admission these days is quite competitive in Nigeria. Therefore being aware of the prerequisites will give you an edge over the ignorant ones. Below you will find the admission requirements for Education And History.
PLEASE READ: Have You Checked Your WAEC TimeTable? See It Here.
JAMB Subject Combination & Admission Requirements.
Just as we have mentioned above, we are going to be listing all the admission requirements for education and history. Below you will also find the O’Level requirements and JAMB subject combination for this course and other vital information.
O’Level Requirements for Education and History
One of the vital O’Level requirements needed to study education and history is your SSC result which includes NECO, WAEC, GCE & their equivalent. You are required to possess not less than five (5) O’Level credit passes in the required subjects needed for education and history. Below are the five (5) required O’level subjects for education and history.
1). English Language.
3). And three (3) credit passes in relevant Arts subjects.
A). OAU accepts Fine Arts, Music, but they don’t accept Economics or Government.
B). UNILAG accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, History/Government and any two (2) of French/Arabic, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies, Economics and Geography, any Nigerian Language, Social Studies/Civic Education.
C). UNICAL and OOU accept General English at NCE in place of ‘O’ Level credit pass/TC II merit in English Language. UNICAL accepts only a pass in ‘O’ Level Mathematics.
D). IMSU accepts Government in place of History.
E). OAU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in the following subjects: English Language and History, or TC II merit/credit in English Language and Social Studies in addition to any other three (3) subjects.
F). LASU requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics and Government or History is compulsory.
PLEASE READ: Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria Approved By Nuc.
G). DELSU accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level GCE credits in the following subjects: Mathematics, English Language, History or Government, and any two (2) Social Science/Arts and Science subjects.
H). UNIBEN accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in Government/History, Literature in English, Fine Arts, English Language, and Religious Studies.
i). GOUNI accepts ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics.
J). UMYU requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include History, English Language, and any other three (3) Arts subjects with ‘O’ Level credit pass in Maths.
K). TASUED requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes gotten in one (1) sitting or six (6) ‘O’ Level credit passes gotten at two (2) sittings. The subjects must include History/Government, English Language, and any other three (3) subjects from Social Science and Arts.
L). AAUA requires five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, History/Government Mathematics, and two (2) subjects from either Arts or the Social Sciences.
M). ABSU requires 5 ‘O’ Level credit passes in the following subjects: History or Government, English Language, and any three (3) subjects.
*. Access The Official JAMB Brochure For Free.
*. How to Create JAMB Profile.
*. How To Know Your JAMB UTME Exam Center and Date.
*. Official JAMB Syllabus for 2022 UTME (All O’Level Subjects.
JAMB Subject Combination for Education and History
There are certain JAMB subjects required to study education and history. The subjects are three (3) in number and you are expected to see them in your JAMB UTME exercise. You are also expected to score at least 180-200 in your JAMB UTME examination if you want to study Education and History at the University. Below are the three (3) O’level subjects that you will meet in your JAMB UTME examination.
2). English Language.
3). And anyone of French, Yoruba, Christian Religious Studies / Islamic Studies, Literature in English, Geography/Physics, Government, Economics, and Hausa.
A). TASUED requires Government/History and any two (2) subjects from the Social Science and Arts.
B). LASU does not accept Physics In place of Geography.
C). UNIBEN requires Government or History, one (1) Arts and any other subject.
D). UNIMAID requires History, Government or Civic Education and any other two (2) subjects from Arts.
E). AAUA accepts Government/History, CRS/IRS, and any other Arts subject.
F). DELSU accepts History or Government and any Arts/Social Science/Science subjects.
G). UNILAG requires any three (3) of Literature in English, French/Arabic, History/Government, Mathematics, Geography, any Nigerian Language, Economics/Commerce, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Education and History
If you don’t intend to gain admission to study education and history through UTME, then you are required to meet up with the admission requirements for direct entry candidates who want to study education and history in any higher institution. Below are the education and history direct entry admission requirements:
- Two (2) NCE merit/’A’ Level passes in History and any other relevant Arts subject.
A). UNIBEN requires:
i). Two (2) or three (3) NCE merit which must include History in addition to three (3) or two (2) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language and any two (2) or one (1) subjects from Religious studies, Literature in English, Fine Arts, Government or French.
ii). Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in relevant subjects in addition to 5 ‘O’ Level credit passes including English Language and History/Government with three (3) others from Religious Studies, Literature-in-English, French and other Arts subjects.
B). UI accepts NCE from UI affiliated Colleges into 300 level.
C). UNILAG requires:
i). NCE merit/credit in History, Social Studies, and Political Science.
ii). Very good passes in three (3) JUPEB subjects which must include History and any two (2) of Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies, Igbo/Yoruba, Government, Geography, and French.
iii). Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in relevant teaching subjects.
iv). All Candidates must also ensure that they satisfy the UTME requirements.
D). OAU accepts NCE merit/credit in History and any other teaching Arts or professional subject.
E). IMSU accepts NCE merit in Education and two (2) other subjects that will be combined in the program; less than merit into a three (3) year program.
F). UMYU requires NCE credit in History and or any other important subject.
*. 21 Courses you can Study in Nigerian Universities Without Mathematics.
*. Top 10 Best Public Universities in Nigeria By Nuc.
*. How To Check JAMB UTME Result Online With Your Smart Phone and PC.
*. Approved JAMB CBT Centers in All States in Nigeria.
G). TASUED accepts:
i). Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes/NCE merit in Social Studies, History, Political Science, Christian Religious Studies/ Islamic Studies, and any other related subject.
ii). ND/HND with upper credit in Journalism/Mass Communication, Public Administration, Business Studies, Public Relations, and Business Administration.
iii). Diploma in Tourism (upper credit).
iv). University Diploma with upper credit in Mass Communication.
E). AAUA accepts NCE merit in History as well as anyone (1) teaching Arts or Social Science subject.
F). DELSU requires nothing least than merit passes in History and any other Arts subject at the NCE. They also accept ‘A’ Level passes which must include History and any other Arts subject.
G). LASU accepts NCE merit in Government In place of History and one (1) other important Arts subject.
List of Nigerian Universities Offering Education And History
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- AAUA (ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE)
- ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO STATE. (AFFL TO OAU, ILE-IFE)
- AOCOE (ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS) (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AGBOR, DELTA STATE. (AFFL TO DELTA STATE UNIV, ABRAKA).
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE.
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE)
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV).
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE. (AFFL TO UNN).
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- FED-KASHERE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE)
- FED-OTUOKE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE)
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE.
- GOUU (GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE)
- GSU (GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE)
- IAUED (IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- UNIBADAN (UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE.
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- KASHIM IBRAHIM COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE. (AFFL TO UNIMAID)
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA).
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE)
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE.
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE.
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE.
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE)
- NIGER STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MINNA (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIV, ZARIA)
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- OSCOE (OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILESA, OSUN STATE) (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN)
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- SHEHU SHAGARI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, SOKOTO (AFFL TO UDU, SOKOTO) – SHAGARI-2
- TASUED (TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE)
- TSUJ (TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE)
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE)
- UMYUK (UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE)
- UNIOSUN (OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- USCOE (UMAR SULEIMAN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GASHUA) (AFFL TO UNIMAID, MAIDUGURI)
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE).
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, WARRI (AFFILIATED TO DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA).
- YSU (YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE)