The Canadian government has launched another program tagged the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS).
It was launched in 2008 and the aim is to both attract and retain world-class doctoral students in Canada. The goal is to make Canada a global center for excellence in terms of higher learning and research.
About VCGS (Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship)
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is also known as Vanier CGS and it was established to both attract and retain world-class doctoral students with the sole aim of branding Canada as a global center of excellence in higher learning and research.
The VCGS program supports promising students who portray both leadership skills as well as a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in natural sciences and engineering, social sciences and humanities, and health.
The scholarship goes for as high as $50,000 (each scholarship beneficiary) per year for three (3) years and is also available to both international and Canadian Ph.D. students studying at universities in Canada.
Vanier CGS Doctoral Scholarship Rundown
- Type: Postgraduate
- Country to Study: Canada.
- Course to Study: Not specified.
- Gender: Men and Women.
- Application Deadline: November 3, 2021,
- Organization: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS)
Benefits and Aims of Vanier CGS Doctoral Scholarship
$50,000 annually for a period of three (3) years.
Vanier CGS Doctoral Scholarship Qualification Requirements
Open to international students, Canadian Permanent Residents, and citizens of Canada (students) who want to attain a doctoral degree in any eligible university in Canada.
Below are the things candidates must do to be considered eligible for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship. They must:
- Be nominated by only one (1) institution in Canada, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- Be pursuing their first doctoral degree (which includes joint undergraduate/graduate research programs like MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – if it has a significant and demonstrated research component). Please note that only the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree is qualified for funding;
- Desire to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year immediately after the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program like DVM/Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.) research and studies at the nominating institution; Please Note that just the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree will be qualified for funding;
- Ensure you’ve not completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2021;
- Have attained a first-class average, as decided by your institution, in each of the last two (2) years of full-time study or its equivalent. Applicants are advised to contact the institution for its definition of a 1st class (first-class) average; and
- Must not have held, or holding a doctoral-level scholarship as well as a fellowship from NSERC, CIHR, or SSHRC to complete or undertake a doctoral degree.
Deadline for Application
November 3, 2021
How to Apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
Applicants can’t apply directly to the Vanier CGS program, they must first of all be nominated by the university they wish to study. See more information about the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program Here.
Check This Out =>> How To Successfully Apply For Scholarships And Get Taken.
Do You Wish to Study Abroad? See the List Of Ongoing International Scholarships Here.