The reason for coming up with this article is to reveal all the admission requirements for Common and Islamic Law. On this page, you will see the WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Common and Islamic Law, the Direct Entry admission requirements, list of all the Universities in Nigeria where you can study the course, Special consideration (Waiver).
In addition to the above mentioned, you will also see the Jobs/Career for those with a degree in Common and Islamic Law. You must pay attention to all the information contained on this page to avoid mistakes during your application for admission to study this course in any Nigerian University.
O’Level Subjects & Requirements for Common and Islamic Law
As an aspiring student who wants to study Common and Islamic Law in any Nigerian University, you are required to possess at least five (5) SSC credit passes in the following O’Leve subjects listed below:
1). English Language.
2). Islamic Studies or Arabic.
3). Mathematics (At least a pass).
4). And any two (2) Arts or Social Sciences subjects.
- BUK requires Literature-in-English, Islamic Studies/Arabic for Common and Islamic Law.
- UNILORIN requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Islamic Studies or Arabic, English Language, Mathematics and any other 2 subjects from Arts or Social Sciences. (Government / Civic Education / History).
JAMB Subject combination for Common and Islamic Law
There are three subjects that you will see in your JAMB UTME examination for Common and Islamic Law in which you are expected to score at least 180 if you want to study the course in any Nigerian University offering the course.
JAMB subjects for Common and Islamic Law:
- Arabic or Islamic Studies and Any two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects.
1). UDUSOK requires Arabic.
2). UNILORIN requires Islamic Studies or Arabic and any other two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Common and Islamic Law
- Two (2) A level passes to include Arabic or Islamic Studies.
- BUK doesn’t accept NCE.
Universities in Nigeria to Study Common and Islamic Law
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE
- UNIILORIN (UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE)
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE)
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE)
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities Common and Islamic Law
- Legal Advisor.
- Social Worker.