Counsellor Education happens to be one of the most sorts after courses in Nigeria. On this page, you will find the JAMB Subject Combination for Counsellor Education which is under the faculty of Education.

Aside from the required JAMB subjects for Counsellor Education, we’ve also added the required O’Level subjects, a list of Universities in Nigeria where you can study the course, and the admission requirements for Counsellor Education, and special consideration (Waiver), and many more.

JAMB Subject Combination for Counsellor Education

JAMB requires candidates who want to study Counsellor Education to ensure they score not less than 180 for those who want to study in any of the Nigerian Universities listed below. The required compulsory three (3) JAMB subjects for Counsellor Education include Any three (3) subjects.

O’Level Subject Combination for Counsellor Education

To qualify to study Counsellor Education, you are required to provide five (5) SSCE credit passes which must include:

1). English Language.

2). Mathematics.

3). And any other three subjects.

NOTE: The O’Level subject combination is not limited to only SSCE (NECO, WAEC, GCE, etc.), it also includes NTC/NBC credits or TC II merit passes.


  • UNILORIN expects candidates to come forward with any three Arts, Social Science or Science subjects.

Counsellor Education Direct Entry Admission Requirements

If you don’t intend to use UTME to apply for admission to study Counsellor Education in any of the Universities in Nigeria, then you must ensure that you satisfy the direct entry (DE) admission requirements for studying Counsellor Education below:

  • ‘A’ level passes or NCE in two (2) subjects in addition to the UTME requirements.


  • UNILORIN accepts pass grades in Mathematics only for students who combine Guidance and Counseling with subjects other than Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, and Biology.

Nigerian Universities Offering Counsellor Education

(1). Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University (IBBU).

(2). University of Ilorin (UNILORIN).

Career/Places Where you can work with a Degree in Counsellor Education

  • Clinical Therapist
  • Geriatric Counselor
  • Addictions Counselor
  • Rehabilitation Counselor
  • Human Services Educator
  • Higher Education Counselor
  • Substance Abuse Counselor
  • School and Career Counselor
  • Marriage and Family Counselor
  • Licensed Professional Counselor
  • Chemical Dependency Counselor
  • Student Affairs Administrator
  • Drug and Alcohol Counselor
  • Licensed Mental Health Counselor
  • Director of Human Services Agency
  • Social and Community Service Manager
  • Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor

About the author


Leave a Comment