Do you want to find out all the admission requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics? If yes is the answer, then you are on the right page.
Some of the things covered on this page include the O’Level subject and requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics, JAMB subject combination for Cell Biology and Genetics, a list of all the universities where you can study Cell Biology and Genetics, special consideration (Waiver), places you can work with a degree in this course and more.
We must inform you that Cell Biology and Genetics is a pure science course which means that Cell Biology and Genetics which is under the faculty of Sciences is only suitable for students with a science background. See all the admission requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics.
O’Level Subjects and Requirements
You are required to have not less than five (5) SSC credit passes in the required O’Level subjects which have been listed below. Also note that the O’Level subject requirement applies to NECO, GCE, WAEC, and their equivalent.
NECO, GCE, WAEC Subject Combination for Cell Biology and Genetics:
4). English Language.
5). And anyone (1) subject from Statistics, Health Science, Geography and Physics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Cell Biology and Genetics
There are three (3) subjects that you will meet in your JAMB UTME examination and you are expected to score up to the JAMB cut-off mark for Cell Biology and Genetics which is 180 for Universities.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Cell Biology and Genetics:
3). And either Mathematics or Physics.
- UNILAG requires Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Cell Biology & Genetics
The Cell Biology and Genetics Direct Entry admission requirements have been listed below for candidates who don’t intend to apply for admission using UTME.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Biology and either Physics or Chemistry.
- UNILAG requires three (3) very good passes in the following JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
Universities where you can study Cell Biology and Genetics in Nigeria
- UNILAG (University of Lagos)
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities in Cell Biology and Genetics
Below are the sectors, places, and jobs where a degree in Cell Biology and Genetics would be useful.
- Science writer
- Genetic counselor
- Physician associate
- Plant breeder/geneticist
- Clinical research associate
- Clinical scientist, genomics
- Research scientist (medical)
- Medical sales representative
- Clinical scientist, immunology
- Scientific laboratory technician
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Clinical scientist, physiological sciences
Leave a Comment