Sharing relevant information with fascinating students like you has been my truest delight. Today in this article, I will be listing in detail the UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements for BIOLOGY.
For all the aspiring candidates who want to apply for admission into any of the Accredited Nigerian Universities to Study BIOLOGY, I will list out all the O’Level and JAMB subject combinations required to study BIOLOGY, UTME, and Direct Entry (DE) admission requirements, list of accredited Universities in Nigeria where you can study Biology, Special Consideration (Waiver), and finally, career and jobs for those with a degree in Biology.
UTME & Direct Entry Admission Requirements to Study Biology
Below are all the requirements that you must have to possess and fulfill to be qualified to apply for admission to study Biology.
O’Level Subjects and Requirements
One of the admission requirements to study biology is that you must have at least 5 of the compulsory required O’Level subjects needed to study this course. You are expected to possess not less than five (5) SSC credit passes in the required O’Level subjects listed below:
NECO, GCE & WAEC Subjects for Biology:
3). English Language.
5). A trade subject.
i). GSU also accepts an ‘O’ level pass in Physics.
ii). GOUU, AJAYI, and UNIKINGS same as in Microbiology.
iii). KUST also accepts an ‘O’ level credit pass in Agricultural Science.
iv). KASU requires only Geography or Physics as the fifth (5th) subject.
v). EVANGEL – Same as in Microbiology.
vi). MOUNTAIN TOP requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes or its equivalent in Biology, Physics, English Language, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
vii). UMYUK and EDWIN CLARK require five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, Biology, English Language, Chemistry, and any other Science subject which must not be in more than two (2) sittings.
viii). FED-LOKOJA requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
ix). NTNU accepts Biology, Mathematics, English Language, and any two (2) Science subjects.
x). MINNA requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes which must include Biology, English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, and any other Science subject. They also require at least an ’O’ level pass in Physics.
xi). FUTA requires five (5) ’ O’ level credit passes in Biology or Agricultural Science, English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
xii). ABUJA accepts 5 ‘O’ level credit passes or equivalent in Biology, English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, and any other Science subject.
xiii). FED-DUTSINMA accepts 5 ‘O’ level credit passes to include Biology, Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, and any 1 of Geography, Physics, Agricultural Science, or Health Science. They also accept an ‘O’ level pass in Physics.
xiv). KSUSTA requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Biology, Mathematics, English Language, and any two (2) of Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, and Geography at not more than two (2) sittings.
JAMB Subject Combination for Biology
There are three (3) proper JAMB subjects required to study Biology and you will be seeing them in your JAMB UTME examination in which you are required to score at least 180 if you want to study this course in any of the accredited Nigerian Universities listed below.
JAMB subjects for Biology:
3). And anyone (1) of Chemistry, Biology, and Economics.
i). NTNU requires the Same as Computer Science.
ii). FUTA accepts Agricultural Science in place of Biology.
iii). ABUAD and LEM require Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
iv). UNIKINGS, AJAYI, and EVANGEL require the same as in Microbiology.
v). FED-LOKOJA accepts Chemistry, Biology, and Physics/Mathematics.
vi). NTNU requires Biology, Mathematics, and any other Science subjects.
vii). MOUNTAIN TOP accepts Chemistry and two (2) of Biology, Mathematics, and Physics.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Biology
If you want to further your education to study biology as a course in any of the Nigerian Universities listed below, then you must ensure that you meet the Biology admission requirements for Direct Entry Candidates which are listed below:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes from Biology, Chemistry, Zoology/Botany.
- NCE accepted with at least merit level pass.
1). LAGOS requires Biology but does not accept NCE.
2). FUTA requires candidates to possess in addition to the above ‘A’ level or equivalent in 2 of the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, and Mathematics/Physics. ND upper credit which must be from a recognized institution in Science Technology, Science Laboratory Technology, Food Microbiology, Food Technology, or related programs is also eligible for admission.
3). EVANGEL and GOUU – Same as in Microbiology.
4). AL-HIKMAH accepts NCE passes.
5). KSUSTA requires ‘A’ level/IJMB, NCE or their equivalent in Chemistry or Biology and Technical Drawing, Physics or Geography plus an ‘O’ level credit pass in Physics or Mathematics. It also accepts HND/ND credit in relevant programs.
6). AJAYI, UNIKINGS, and CRUTECH Same as in Microbiology.
7). MINNA accepts Physics. They also accept NCE credit, ND/HND lower credit in addition to the UTME requirements into 200 and 300 levels.
8). FED-DUTSINMA requires 2 ‘A’ level passes in Botany/Biology/Zoology and Chemistry. They also accept NCE/ND with good grades in any relevant program.
9). NTNU requires the same as Computer Science.
10). ABUJA accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes in Botany, Biology, Zoology, and Physics or Chemistry. Or ND upper credit or NCE minimum of 10 points in relevant programs.
11). KUST accepts NCE/ND or relevant qualification merit/upper credit in Biology, Health Science/ Botany, or Zoology.
12). MOUNTAIN TOP accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes chosen from Chemistry and any one (1) of Biology, Physics, or Mathematics. They also accept HND and ND at a minimum of credit for 300 and 200 levels respectively.
13). UMYUK requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, and any of Agricultural Science/Biology or Computer Studies or Geography at not more than two (2) sittings.
14). CRUTECH accepts ND/HND lower credit in Biotechnology, Biology, Microbiology, Zoology, Laboratory Science, Botany, or related programs in addition to the UTME requirement.
15). CUAB accepts ND in relevant programs.
16). EDSU requires 2 ‘A’ level passes in Botany, Biology, Zoology, and Physics or Chemistry. ND and NCE credit.
17). EBSU accepts NCE credit, ND/HND lower credit in addition to the UTME requirements into 200 level.
Accredited Universities in Nigeria Offering Biology
- ADSU (ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE)
- ADUN (ADMIRALTY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, IBUSA, DELTA STATE)
- AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE
- ANCHOR-UNI (ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE)
- ARTHUR-JARVIS (ARTHUR JARVIS UNIVERSITY, AKPABUYO, CROSS RIVER STATE)
- ATIBA (ATIBA UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE)
- AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY, ILARA, LAGOS, LAGOS STATE
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE
- BSU (BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE)
- CHRISLAND UNIVERSITY, OWODE, OGUN STATE
- CLIFFORD UNIVERSITY, OWERRINTTA, ABIA STATE
- COAL CITY UNIVERSITY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE
- CROWN HILL UNIVERSITY, EIYENKORIN, KWARA STATE
- CRUTECH (CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE)
- EUI (EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE)
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN, ONDO STATE
- EPU (EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE)
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE)
- FED-DUTSE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE)
- FED-DUTSINMA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE)
- FED-GASHUA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE)
- FED-KASHERE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE)
- FED-KEBBI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE)
- FED-LOKOJA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE)
- FED-NDUFU (ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE)
- FED-OTUOKE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE)
- FED-WUKARI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE)
- FUTA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, ONDO STATE)
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE
- GOUU (GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE)
- GSU (GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE)
- IAUED (IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- KASU (KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE)
- KOLADAISI UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- KSUSTA (KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE)
- KUST (KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE)
- KWARARAFA UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE
- LCITY (LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE)
- POL-ACAD (NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE)
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE
- YUSUF MAITAMA SULE UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE
- MOUNTAIN TOP UNIVERSITY, MAKOGI-OBA, OGUN STATE
- NAUB (NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE)
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, ABUJA
- RITMAN UNIVERSITY, IKOT-EKPENE, AKWA IBOM STATE
- SALEM UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE
- SKYLINE UNIVERSITY NIGERIA, KANO, KANO STATE
- SLUK (SULE LAMIDO UNIVERSITY, KAFIN HAUSA, JIGAWA STATE)
- SOSU (SOKOTO STATE UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE)
- SPIRITAN UNIVERSITY, NNEOCHI, ABIA STATE
- SUMMIT UNIVERSITY, OFFA, KWARA STATE
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE)
- UMYUK (UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE)
- UNI-AFRICA (UNIVERSITY OF AFRICA, TORU-ORUA, BAYELSA STATE)
- UNIKINGS (KINGS UNIVERSITY, ODE-OMU, OSUN STATE)
- WELLSPRING UNIVERSITY, IRHIHI-OGBANEKI, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- YSU (YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE)
Jobs for Someone with a Degree in Biology
Below are just a few places and sectors where those with a degree in Biology can work:
1). Genetic Counselor.
2). Biological Technician.
4). Health Educator.
5). Health Communications Specialist.
6). Medical and Health Services Manager.
7). Pharmaceutical / Medical Product Sales Representative.
8). Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner.