Electrical Engineering happens to be the most sort after course in Nigeria. Gaining admission into any University to study this course could be sometimes challenging due to the large number of students going after the same course. Nevertheless, you will stand a better chance when you Know the prerequisites which will enable you effortlessly apply for admission.
In this article we will be revealing the O’Level and JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering, Direct Entry requirements for Electrical Engineering, list of Universities in Nigeria offering the Electrical Engineering as well as special consideration and waiver/remarks alongside other relevant information.
Firstly, you must ensure you have a science background before you can be able to qualify to study this course in any Nigeria Institution. This simply means that commercial or art students wouldn’t be able to study this course in any institution in Nigeria.
WAEC Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering
All candidates applying for this course in any institution in Nigeria must ensure they have not less than five (5) credit passes in the required subjects. The subject combination is not only applicable to WAEC, it also includes GCE and NECO. Below are compulsory WAEC subject combination for Electrical Engineering:
- Use of English Language.
- Any other science or social science course subject.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
1). UNIPORT requires the fifth O’level credit pass to be in any Science subject most preferably Further Maths.
JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering
Is not all about having a knowledge of the JAMB subject combination for Electrical Engineering. The main thing is to aim for 180 – 200 points and above in the JAMB UTME. Anything below 180 will qualify you to be considered only Polytechnics or College of Education. The three (3) JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering includes:
NOTE: There are other ways of gain admission apart from JAMB, you can still go through with IJBM, JUBEB, Predegree or ND.
Electrical Engineering Direct Entry Requirement
a). ND/HND in Elect Eng. Upper/Lower credit passes respectively.
b). A Level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
A). UNIABUJA accepts ND upper credit or HND lower credit in Electrical Engineering from accredited institutions in addition to UTME requirements into 200 level.
B). ABU accepts;
i). ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Physics and Mathematics.
ii). ND/HND upper/lower credit in Electrical Engineering with distinction in Mathematics respectively.
C). LASU Same as in Mechanical Engineering.
D). RSUST – The same as in Civil Engineering.
E). UNIPORT – No Direct Entry.
F). LASU accepts ND/HND upper credit in relevant programmes for a 4 years programme.
G). UNN – Is the same as in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering.
H). FUTMINNA accepts ND/HND lower credit in relevant programmes in addition to 5 O’level credits in Use pf English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and any other science subject.
Universities in Nigeria Offering Electrical Engineering
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- KADPOLY-ABU (KADUNA POLYTECHNIC (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA)
- KSUSTA (KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE)
- KUST (KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE)
- MARITIME-UNI (NIGERIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO, DELTA STATE)
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE)
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, OFFA, KWARA STATE (AFFILIATED TO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA)
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, R/STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNN(UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)