This article is for those who want to study Pharmacology as a course at any Nigerian University. This article will show you the appropriate WAEC and Jamb Subject Combination for Pharmacology, as well as the UTME and Direct Entry (DE) Admission Requirements for Pharmacology.
You will also be able to see the special considerations (Waiver) for Pharmacology which is under the Faculty/College of MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR PHARMACOLOGY
You must note that English Language is a compulsory subject in UTME. Below are the three (3) other JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION for PHARMACOLOGY.
- OOU accepts any three (3) of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
O’Level UTME Subjects Required for Pharmacology
You are expected to possess not less than five (5) SSC credit passes in the following required O’Level subjects which are below:
5). English Language.
There is no special consideration by any of the Universities for the UTME subjects required to study Pharmacology.
DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR PHARMACY
If you don’t intend to apply for Pharmacy using UTME, then it behooves you to meet with the Pharmacy admission requirements for Direct Entry candidates below.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in any of Biology, Physics, and Chemistry in addition to the UTME entry requirements.
- ABUAD requires three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- UNILAG accepts passes in three (3) JUPEB/ ‘A’ level subjects: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
Universities in Nigeria to Study Pharmacology
- DELSU (The course is called PHARMACOLOGY AND THERAPEUTICS)
Places You can Work with a Degree in Pharmacology
Below are the various places you can work with a degree in Pharmacology both those directly connected with your degree and those associated.
- Hospital pharmacist
- Community pharmacist
- Research scientist (medical)
- Science writer
- Higher education lecturer
- Clinical research associate
- Regulatory affairs officer
- Medical sales representative
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Product/process development scientist