Subject Combination for Pharmacy, was that what you have been looking for? If yes… then you are on the right page. On this page you will find the Latest WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacy plus the Universities in Nigeria offering this course and special requirements and waiver.
Before we dive into the topic in proper it’s important that you know that according to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and most Universities, Pharmacy is under the Faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences.
WAEC Subject Combination for Pharmacy
Before being qualified to apply for Pharmacy in any Nigerian University, you are expected to have at least five (5) credits passes in relevant subject in your SSCE (NECO, GCE, WAEC) examination. Below are the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Pharmacy:
5). Use of English Language.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER):
1). University of Ibadan require the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes at 1 sitting.
2). UNIUYO and UNN require the five (5) ‘O’ level passes at not more than 2 sittings.
3). NDU and UNILORIN require that the 5 ‘O’ level passes should not be in more than 2 sittings.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Pharmacy
Before we list out the JAMB subject combination for Pharmacy we want you to note that the required JAMB score for studying Pharmacy is 180, though it varies from Universities to Universities. It’s therefore advisable that you aim to score 200 and above to stand a better chance of being admitted into any of the Universities listed below. Below is the three compulsary JAMB subject combination for Pharmacy:
Direct Entry Requirements to study Pharmacy
If you don’t intend to use UTME to gain admission to study Pharmacy, then below are the requirements you must meet for direct entry.
- Three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics in addition to UTME requirements.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER):
1). UNIUYO and UNIBEN don’t accept ‘A’ level pass in Mathematics.
2). UNIBEN accepts the following:
i). B.Sc. second class in related programmes.
ii). ‘A’ level pass in Botany in lieu of Biology.
3). UNILORIN requires B.Sc. second class upper division in Biochemistry, Anatomy, Microbiology, Chemistry, Physiology, Zoology and other Basic Sciences Plant Biology as well as Industrial Chemistry OR a minimum of 12 Points.
4). UNILAG requires 3 JUPEB/’A’-level subjects which are Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
5). UNIJOS Accepts B.Sc second class and above in related programmes. They also accepts Direct Entry candidates with an ‘A’ level requirements in addition to 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in Biology, Physics, Use of English Language, Maths and Chemistry. They don’t accept Mathematics for Physics.
Universities in Nigeria Offering Pharmacy
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE)
- GSU (GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE)
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- KASU (KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE)
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE)
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNIZIK (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO