Do you want to know the proper WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Education and Political Science? Just go through this page and you will be able to find that out and many other interesting pieces of information such as Universities in Nigeria offering Education and Political Science, Direct Entry requirements, Special considerations, and a whole lot more.
WAEC Subjects for Education and Political Science
One of the elements that partake in deciding if you are qualified to study Education and Political Science is your O’Level subjects and SSCE result. You are required to have not less than five (5) O’level credit passes in the required subjects listed below.
The WAEC Subjects for Education and Political Science are not limited to only WAEC, it is also applicable to GCE and NECO as well. Below is the WAEC Subject combination for Education and Political Science:
1). Mathematics (at least a pass)
2). English Language.
4). Any other 3 subjects.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
1). UNIPORT, UNICAL, UNIUYO requires at least a pass in ‘O’ level Mathematics.
2). UNIOSUN requires SSCE or its equivalents with credit level passes in five (5) subjects including Mathematics and English Language to form the core subjects, with credit in 3 other relevant Social Science or Art subjects at not more than two sittings. The candidate must earn an acceptable score in the UTME
3). OOU accepts TC II with merit/credit passes in Mathematics, English, and three (3) other subjects.
4). UNICAL, UNIOSUN, and IAUED don’t accept History instead of Government.
5). DELSU accepts credit in Mathematics.
6). OAU requires 5 ‘O’ level credit/merit. Credit passes must include Government, Mathematics, and English Language, or 5 TC II credit/merit passes must include Mathematics, English Language, and Social Studies. History is mandatory.
7). LASU requires Credit Passes in Mathematics.
8). ABSU requires 5 SSCE credit passes to include History or Government, English Language and any three (3) subjects, and at least a pass in Mathematics.
9). BIU requires a credit pass in Mathematics
10). LASU, DELSU, UNIBEN, and OOU require ‘O’ level credit in Mathematics. UNIBEN accepts any Social Science subject.
11). UNIPORT requires one of Geography/Physics, Commerce, and Economics.
JAMB Subjects for Education and Political Science
To be sincere knowing the proper subjects is not all that is required, you also need to reach the JAMB cut-off mark for Education and Political Science which is 180 for Universities.
There are three (3) compulsory subjects that you will meet in the JAMB UTME examination. Below is the JAMB Subject combination for Education and Political Science:
1). History / Government.
2). And 2 other Arts or Social Science subjects.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
1). DELSU accepts History/Government and any two (2) other Social Science/Arts/Science subjects.
2). IAUED requires Government and any other two (2) Social Science or Arts subjects.
3). UNIBEN accepts one Social Science subject and any other subject.
4). OAU requires Government and any two (2) of Mathematics, Geography/Physics, and Economics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Education and Political Science
If you don’t intend to gain admission using UTME, then you have to ensure that you satisfy the following Direct Entry Requirements for Education and Political Science which is below:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects chosen from History or Government, Physics/Geography, and Economics.
- NCE merit pass in History/Government, Economics, and Physics/Geography.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
1). UNIUYO and UNIPORT – No Direct Entry.
2). AAU requires a pass in ‘O’ level Mathematics.
3). DELSU accepts merit in two (2) teaching subjects at NCE one of which must be Government / Political Science.
4). TASUED accepts THREE (3) ‘A’ level passes/NCE Credit/Merit to include History or Government. HND/ND with upper credit in Public Administration or Local Government.
5). ABSU accepts a pass in Maths.
6). LASU accepts NCE (Merit) in History/Government, Social Studies, Geography, or Political Science.
7). NDU – Same as Vocational and Technical Education.
8). UNICAL and UNIUYO accept NCE merit and above in Government or Political Science in addition to UTME requirements.
9). UNIOSUN accepts two (2) ‘A’ level credit passes including Government and 1 other Art or Social Science subject or NCE and approved equivalents in relevant subjects with at least lower credit may be considered.
10). IAUED accepts 2 ‘A’ level credit passes in Social Science and Arts subjects. Credit passes in ND, NCE.
11). BIU requires a minimum of two relevant subjects passed at GCE Advanced level plus O’level requirements specified or NCE (3 merits) in the relevant field not below credit level is required.
12). OAU accepts 2 ‘A’ level credit passes which will include Government and one other Social Science subject. OR NCE with credit/merit passes in Political Science combined with any other Social Science or professional subject.
13). UNIBEN requires:
2/3 NCE merit passes which will include History/Government in addition to 3/2 O/Level passes which include Mathematics and English Language at one sitting.
Universities in Nigeria Offering Education And Political Science
- AAUA (ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE)
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE)
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE. (AFFL TO UNN)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AGBOR, DELTA STATE. (AFFILIATED TO DELSU)
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- BIU (BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE)
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI. (AFFL TO UNN) – IKERE-EKITI
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV)
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- FED-GUSAU (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE)
- FED-KASHERE (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE)
- GOUU (GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE)
- IAUED (IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILA-ORANGUN (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNI, ADO EKITI).
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA) – KWCOE
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE)
- NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, NSUGBE. (AFFL TO UNN)
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE)
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILESA, OSUN STATE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN) – OSCOE
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE
- TAI SOLARIN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IJEBU-ODE, OGUN STATE (AFFL TO OLABISIONABANJO UNIVERSITY).
- TASUED (TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE)
- TSUJ (TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE)
- UNIOSUN (OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, WARRI (AFFILIATED TO DELSU).