On this page we’ve listed the WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Psychology, a list of universities offering Psychology & direct entry requirements.
Psychology happens to be a course that can be studied by both science and commercial students. Psychology is under the faculty of Social & Management Sciences, though in some institutions, it is under the Arts & Humanities. Below you will find a list of all the schools where it is studied under the faculty of Social & Management Sciences. You will also find the Direct Entry requirements and more.
WAEC Subject Combination for Psychology
You are required to have five (5) O’level credit passes in the required subject for this course. The subject is not limited to WAEC only, it also includes NECO and GCE. Below is the WAEC Subject Combination for Psychology:
2). English Language
3). At least a pass in Mathematics
4). Two other subjects are required.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
i). UI accepts Science subjects with a pass in Mathematics.
ii). OAU requires credit passes in Mathematics, Use of English Language, Biology and any 2 other subjects from Government, Geography, Economics, Physics, and Chemistry.
iii). UNIJOS requires 5 credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics and Biology.
iv). UNN requires credit passes in English Language, Health Science or Biology, and any other 3 subjects in addition to at least a pass in Statistics or Mathematics.
v). UNIZIK accepts similar requirements as for Economics and it applies for both UTME and Direct Entry applicants but a pass in Mathematics is also acceptable.
vi). IMSU, UNIUYO, and AAUA require credit passes in Biology/Health Science, Use of English Language in addition to a pass in Mathematics. AAUA also accepts (credit in Biology) only.
vii). AAU requires 5 credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Biology and two other subjects.
viii). REDEEMER’S requires 5 ‘O’ Level credit passes in the following Mathematics, Use of English Language and any other three subjects which must include Biology.
ix). EKSU accepts credit passes in Mathematics. They also require another Social Science subject apart from Government.
x). ESUTECH accepts credit passes in Mathematics, Use of English Language in addition to at least a pass in Biology/Agricultural Science/Health Science.
xi). GO requires 5 credit passes in the following subjects English language, Biology, Mathematics, and any other 2 Arts, Science or Social Science subject at not more than 1 sitting.
xii). UNILAG and DELSU accept the following subjects English language, Biology, Mathematics, and any other 2 Arts, Science or Social Science subjects.
xiii). LASU accepts credit passes in the following subjects English language, Biology, Mathematics and any other 2 from Social Science subject (Commerce, Government, Economics and Geography).
xiv). JABU requires Biology and Mathematics at credit level.
xv). UNIUYO requires a credit pass in Health Science or Biology and at least a P.7 in Biology, Mathematics and any 2 of History, Economics, Government and other social science and science subjects.
xvi). UNILAG accepts 5 credit passes to include Mathematics, English language, Biology, and any other 2 Arts, Science, Social Science subject at not more than 1 sitting. UNILAG doesn’t accept CRS/IRS, Commerce, and Accounting.
xvii). UI accepts 5 credit passes in O’Level to include Biology, Use of English Language and any other 3 from arts, Social Sciences, and science with at least pass in Mathematics.
xviii). EBSU requires 5 SSCE credit passes to include the Use of English Language, Biology, Mathematics and any other relevant subject from Arts, social science or science.
xix). FED-OYEEKITI accept credit pass in Mathematics and 1 Science subject.
xx). OAU requires Use of English Language, Biology, Mathematics and other 2 subjects from Science/Social Science.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Psychology
Another important thing you need to know is that there are three (3) important JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Psychology which is listed below. Also note that the JAMB cut-off mark for Psychology is 180, though we advise you score up to 200 and above to stand a better chance of being given admission on merit. The JAMB UTME Subject required for Psychology include:
- Any three subjects from Arts or Social Science.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
i). OAU accepts any three (3) subjects from Geography, Economics, Mathematics, Government, Biology, Physics or Chemistry.
ii). RENAISSANCE, UNIUYO, OAU, and EKSU require Biology.
iii). EBSU accepts Economics and Government.
iv). UNILAG requires any 3 subjects from Biology, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Economics, Literature in English and Government.
v). DELSU requires Biology and Mathematics.
vi). UI – Any three subjects.
vii). UNN accepts Biology and any other 2 subjects.
viii). EBSU requires Biology and any 2 of Government, Economics, History and other social science and science subjects.
ix). LASU requires Economics.
x). ESUTECH accepts Biology and any 2 other Arts or Social Science subjects.
xi) FED-OYEEKITI require History/Government in addition to two (2) other subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Psychology
If you don’t intend to use UTME to gain admission into any University in Nigeria, then you must ensure you satisfy the requirements outlined below;
- Two (2) A Level passes including History or Government in addition to one other Social Science/Arts subjects.
WAIVER / SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
i). OAU accepts at least one of the 2 ‘A’ level passes to be a Social Science subject
ii). IMSU – They don’t accept direct entry.
iii). UNIZIK accepts 2 ‘A’ level passes NCE/ND/HND, in Nursing or Social Work or any other relevant areas in addition to at least a pass in Biology/Integrated Science/Health Science and Mathematics.
iv). UNIZIK – Direct Entry applicants must possess UTME requirements.
v). EBSU, RENAISSANCE, and BSU require:
1). Any 2 ‘A’ level passes in addition to UTME requirements
2). National Diploma in addition to 4 ‘O’ level credits to include Chemistry, Health Science or Biology or General Science in addition to UTME requirements.
3). Registered Nurse Certificate in addition to credit in Bio/General Science/Health Science and a pass in Statistics/Mathematics in addition to UTME requirements.
vi). UNIUYO accepts any 2 A’ level passes or RNC in addition to 5 credit passes to include Biology or Health Science and at least P.7 in Mathematics.
vii). UNIJOS accepts Diploma (Distinction/merit) and advanced Diploma in applied Psychology.
viii). LASU accepts A’ level passes in Government, Economics or Geography.
ix). IBADAN and ESUTECH requires 2 ‘A’ level pass from Science, Social Science or Arts subjects.
x). AAUA accepts ‘A’ level passes in Biology and a Social Science subject; they also accept NCE (Credit) in Biology.
xi). UNILAG accepts
1). Very good passes in 3 JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects to include Biology and any 2 of Government, Economics, Chemistry, Lit-in English or Physics.
2). Two (2) Cambridge A/Level passes in Social Sciences and Science.
3). Candidates must ensure they meet all the O/Level requirements.
xii). UNN accepts Diploma certificates B.SC, HND, ND, NCE Registered Nursing/Midwifery and any other relevant higher education qualifications plus UTME requirement
xiii). NASARAWA requires a credit pass in Health Science/Biology.
xiv). UI accepts:
1). UI requires 2 ‘A’ level passes from Science, Social Science or Arts subjects.
2). Science subject with a pass in Mathematics.
xv). OAU accepts 2 ‘A’ level in Social Sciences or Science.
xvi). GO accepts any 2 ‘A’ level passes and any degree which the senate may consider acceptable for admission purposes.
xvii). EBSU accepts ND NCE and HND with a minimum of Merit and Upper credit in relevant fields.
Universities in Nigeria Offering Psychology
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- AAUA (ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE)
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA, FCT
- BSU (BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE)
- UNICLE (CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE)
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – CARITAS
- CHRISLAND UNIVERSITY, OWODE, OGUN STATE – CHRISLAND
- CHRISTOPHER UNIVERSITY, MOWE, OGUN STATE – CHRISTOPHER
- COAL CITY UNIVERSITY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- EPU (EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE)
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE).
- FED-GASHUA (FED-NDUFU (ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE)
- FED-OYE EKITI (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- GOUU (GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE)
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE)
- LCITY (LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE)
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE
- NAUB (NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE)
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE
- NDA (NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE)
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- OOU(OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE)
- PLASU (PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS, PLATEAU STATE)
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE
- RENAISSANCE UNIVERSITY, OJIAGU-AGBANI, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)
Places To work with a Degree in Psychology
There are quite a number of places you can work with a degree in Psychology and you can see them below:
1). Teacher and lecturer.
5). Working in sport and exercise
6). Human resources
8). Career advisor.