JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science will not be the only thing we will be discussing in this article. We also are looking at the O Level subject combination for Medical Laboratory as well as the Universities in Nigeria offering Medical Laboratory.
Before we are the subject of discussion proper, it’s important to inform candidates that this course is strictly for candidates with a science background. This simply means that art students wouldn’t be able to study Medical Laboratory.
WAEC Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
To qualify to be able to study Medical Laboratory Science at any Nigerian University, you must ensure that you meet the following SSCE requirements in your WAEC, NECO, or GCE. Below are the five (5) subjects that you must have a credit passes before you can qualify to apply to study Medical Laboratory Science.
- Use of English Language.
JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Laboratory Science
(1). Biology (2). Physics and (3). Chemistry is the three subjects that you will have to pass in your UTME examination. JAMB cut-off mark is usually between 180 to 200 for this course, but to be on the safer side, ensure you aim for 200 and above.
Direct Entry Requirements to Study Medical Laboratory Science.
If you want to study Medical Laboratory Science via direct entry, then you must ensure you meet up with the requirements listed here => You must have ‘A Level’ passes to include Biology/Zoology, Physics, and Chemistry.
NOTE: Ensure you refer to JAMB Brochure for special remarks and waiver for Medical Laboratory Science.
Nigeria Universities Offering Medical Laboratory Science
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE)
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE
- ABUAD (AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- ATIBA UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE
- AL- HIKMAH UNIVERSITY, ILORIN, KWARA STATE
- AUE (ADELEKE UNIVERSITY, EDE, OSUN STATE)
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE)
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU STATE)
- EUI (EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE)
- EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE
- FED-LAFIA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE)
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE)
- LAUTECH (LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE)
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE)
- OSUMS (ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE)
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
- RHEMA UNIVERSITY, ABA, ABIA STATE
- RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, R/STATE)
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE)
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE)
Places you Can Work with a Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
If you studied Medical Laboratory Science in any accredited Institution and were able to come out with good grades, then you can work in any of the listed organizations:
- Hospital (Government, Private, etc).
- In a laboratory
- And more coming soon…