Are you searching for the admission requirements for Education and French? It comprises both the proper WAEC and JAMB subject combination, and lots more you will find here. Please be informed that this page does not cover only the aforementioned, but it covers all the admission requirements.
On this page, you will find the UTME and direct entry admission requirements, and the right O’Level and JAMB subject combination for education and french. You will also find Waivers (special considerations) and a list of Universities offering the course. You will also find all the answers as pertain to gaining admission to any of the Nigerian Universities listed below.
To easily gain admission into any of the Nigerian Universities listed on this page, carefully read through this page. This is because the prerequisites you will find on this page will provide you with the proper knowledge to easily gain admission to study education and french in any of the Universities that will be listed below, provided you meet their requirements. Below are all the admission requirements alongside the proper subject combination.
Read Also: EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination and Requirements
If you are a UTME candidate, please be informed that English Language is one of the inevitable subjects in your JAMB UTME examination. You are also expected to see three (3) compulsory subjects in your JAMB UTME examination that is required for this course. Below is the JAMB subject combination for Education and French which happens to be under the faculty of Education.
2). Two (2) other Arts subjects.
1). IAUE does not make French compulsory.
2). DELSU requires one Arts subject and any other two (2) subjects.
3). TASUED accepts any three (3) subjects.
4). UNILAG accepts any three (3) of Literature in English, Government/History, Arabic/French, Mathematics, Geography, any Nigerian Language, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies, Commerce/Economics.
5). UNIBEN requires Literature-in-English and two (2) other Social Science or Arts subjects.
- BUILDING EDUCATION.
- COMPUTER EDUCATION.
- COUNSELOR EDUCATION.
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION.
- CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION.
- COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE ARTS EDUCATION.
O’Level Subject Combination and Requirements
In most cases, both UTME and Direct Entry candidates are required to present their O’level results which must contain the proper subject combination. Please be informed that you are required to possess at least five (5) SSC credit passes in the required subjects to be qualified to study this course. Below are the proper O’Level subjects required to study Education and French;
1). English Language.
3). And three (3) other Arts subjects.
NOTE: Be informed that the subject combination is not limited to only WAEC. It includes NECO, GCE, and their equivalent.
1). UNILAG accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include Mathematics, English Language, and any three (3) of Literature in English, French/Arabic, any Nigerian Language, Government/History, Geography, Commerce/Economics, Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies, Social Studies/Civic Education.
2). ABSU requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in Mathematics and English Language.
3). UNIBEN requires other subjects to be taken from Government/History, Christian Religious Studies, Fine Arts, English Language, and Literature in English.
4). UNIZIK, BUK, OAU, UNILORIN, UNIBEN, LASU, and EKSU accepts TC II merit in five (5) subjects.
5). UNN, IMSU, and ALVAN accept any other two (2) subjects.
6). IAUE accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes which must include Mathematics, English Language, and any other three (3) Social Science or Arts subjects.
7). UNIZIK requires any three (3) Social Science or Arts subjects.
8). TASUED accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at one (1) sitting or six (6) ‘O’ Level credits passes at two (2) sittings. The subjects are to include French, English language, and any other Social Science or Arts subjects.
9). UNIPORT accepts a credit pass in Literature in English.
10). DELSU also accepts GCE ‘O’ Level credit passes in five (5) subjects which must include Literature, French, and English Language, and any other two (2) subjects.
11). UMYU accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes that must include French, English Language, and any other three (3) Arts subjects in addition to an ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics.
12). UNICAL accepts ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
13). LASU also requires an ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics.
14). OAU requires an ‘O’ Level credit passes or TC merit/credit in five (5) subjects which must include French and English Language.
15). ABSU accepts five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in the following subjects: French, English Language, and any other three (3) subjects.
READ ALSO: ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR BUSINESS EDUCATION.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
If you want to gain admission to study Education and French through direct entry, then there are certain criteria you must meet. Below are the Direct Entry Admission requirements for Education and French under the faculty of education.
*. Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes/NCE merit in French and one(1) other Arts subject.
READ ALSO: IMSU School Fees Schedule For New And Returning Student.
1). UNILAG requires:
i). NCE credit/merit French and any other two (2) Arts subjects and NFLV ND/Modules I-III.
ii). Good passes in three (3) JUPEB subjects which must include French and any two (2) passes in Literature-in-English, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Igbo/Yoruba, Government/History.
iii). Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in relevant teaching subjects.
iv). Candidate should also satisfy the UTME requirements.
2). UDUSOK and ALVAN accept ND in addition to four (4) ‘O’ Level credit passes. They also admit NCE holders into 300 level.
3). OAU requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes that must include French and any other Arts or Professional subject. Candidates with an NCE French double major or ‘A’ Level pass in French double major or combined are automatically qualified for admission with or without ‘O’ Level French.
4). UNICAL accepts NCE General English Language in place of a credit pass in an ‘O’ Level English Language.
READ ALSO: ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION.
5). UNIBEN accepts:
i). Two (2) or three (3) ‘O’ Level credit passes which should also include English Language and others from Religious Studies, Literature in English, French, Fine Arts, Government/History in addition to three (3) or two (2) NCE merit which must include French.
ii). Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in relevant subjects in addition to the UTME requirements.
6). TASUED accepts two (2) NCE merit/’A’ Level passes in French and any other subject in Social Science and Arts subjects or the equivalent of ‘A’ Level ND in French. Also, Diploma de 1’Alliance Fransaise 2e degree. Students must pass French before graduation.
7). DELSU accepts:
i). At least merit passes in French and any other subject at the NCE
ii). They also require that the ‘A’ Level passes should include French and any other Arts subjects.
8). UMYU requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in the subject of specialization and any other Arts subject. They also accept NCE credit in French.
READ ALSO: AUTO AND MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION.
Universities In Nigeria Offering Education and French
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO STATE. (AFFL TO OAU, ILE-IFE).
- ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV)
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE.
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AGBOR, DELTA STATE. (AFFL TO DELTA STATE UNIV, ABRAKA).
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE).
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV).
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE. (AFFL TO UNN).
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OBUDU (AFFL TO UNICAL).
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ABEOKUTA (AFFILIATED WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN).
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN, PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS).
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OKENE (AFFILIATED WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN).
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE.
- IAUED (IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- UNIBADAN (UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI. (AFFL TO UNN).
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE.
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE).
- UNIJOS (UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE)
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA).
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, EHA AMUFU (AFFILIATED TO UNN).
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE)
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE)
- MICHAEL OTEDOLA COL OF PRIMARY EDUC. EPE, LAGOS (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN).
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE.
- NOUN (NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE).
- NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, NSUGBE. (AFFL TO UNN).
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE)
- OOU (OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE)
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ORO (AFFILIATED WITH EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY).
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILESA, OSUN STATE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN).
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUC. (SPECIAL), OYO, OYO STATE.
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- TASUED (TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE).
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE).
- UMYUK (UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE).
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE).
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE).
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE).
Leave a Comment