In this article, we will be discussing the JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Science and Education and the List of Universities and other institutions offering the course. We will also be covering other relevant subjects such as JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements, and Direct Entry Requirement. The O’Level Subjects and Requirements and other vital information will also be treated.
Agricultural Science and Education – Faculty of Education
Below are the requirements to successfully gain admission into the various institutions to study Agricultural Science and Education. If you can meet the various requirements listed below, then you can then move over to your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
Direct Entry & UTME Requirements to Study Agricultural Science and Education
Direct Entry Requirement:
A). Two (2) passes at A Level in Zoology /Biology /Botany and one other Science subject.
B). NCE merit in Agriculture (Double Major).
C). NCE merit in Biology and one other Science subject.
1. AAU as in B.Sc. Agriculture.
2. DELSU allows GCE ‘A’ level passes in Agricultural/Biology /Botany/Chemistry/Zoology Science and Education.
3. UNIBEN allows 2/3 merit passes in NCE which must include Agricultural Science and any 3 ‘O’ level passes in Agricultural Science/Biology, Chemistry, and English Language.
4. UNIMAID allows NCE with UTME requirements.
5. RSUST allows NCE (Agricultural Science) with at least passes or HND in Agriculture.
6. DELSU may likely waive Chemistry for NCE holders.
7. RSUST – Two-year program
i. NCE Agric, Two credits and/or merit plus 3 O’ level among Agric Science/Biology and Chemistry.
ii. HND, Agric Science (lower credit) plus three other O’ level credits as in (a) above. Degree Year Programme
iii. HND pass in Agric Science and 3 O’ level passes.
iv. NCE Agric Science credit and 3 O’ level passes.
v. NCE/ND (Upper/ lower credit) in Agric Science and 3 O’ level passes.
8. IAUED allows ‘A’ level pass in Physics/Geography in Agric including 4 O’ level passes in relevant subjects.
10. UNIMAID allows A’ level pass in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics plus O’ level requirements.
11. EKSU allows a credit pass in NCE General, English as equivalent to an ‘O’ level pass in English Language.
12. BASU accepts:
i). NCE pass (plus 5 years of teaching experience).
ii). N.D at merit pass/lower credit in Biology/Agricultural Science plus any other Science subject.
iii). Two ‘A’ Level passes in Agricultural Science/Botany /Biology /Zoology and any other Science subject.
13. TASUED allows (2) ‘A’ level passes/NCE Merit in Chemistry and one from Agric. Science/Botany /Biology, Economics, Geology /Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Physics, Geography, and Animal Health from recognized College of Agriculture or Polytechnic, ND/HND with upper credit in Agriculture.
14. UNICAL allows:
i. NCE in Biology (merit) or Agricultural Education.
ii. ND in any field of Agriculture (pass).
iii. HND pass in any field of Agriculture.
iv. A’ level credit passes in Agricultural Science and any two Science subjects including Chemistry.
v. NCE in Biology (pass) or Agricultural Education with at least an O’ level pass in Chemistry.
15. NDU (Same as Vocational and Technical Education).
16. IAUED (Same as in Fine and Applied Arts Education).
Five (5) O’Level credit passes or their equivalents in;
1. English Language,
3. Biology/Agricultural Science.,
4. Mathematics and one other relevant subject.
Note: The requirement for most Universities may differ from one another. You will find a list of Universities and other institutions offering Agricultural Science and Education, as well as the various subjects they accept.
1. BASU – requires Five ‘O’-level credits in Mathematics, English, Agricultural Science, Arithmetic, Biology, Chemistry, or General Science as well as any two subjects. It also accepts credit in General Science, Arithmetic, or Technical Trades instead of Biology, Mathematics, or Physics.
2. RSUST accepts credits in Mathematics and English Language.
3. UNICAL and EKSU accept a pass in Chemistry.
4. RSUST accepts credit in English Language provided students have a distinction in O’ level Agricultural Science.
5. DELSU accepts a pass in English Language.
7. UNIMAID requires credits in Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/Agricultural Science
8. UNIBEN requires five ‘O’ Level passes in Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/Agricultural Science.
9. TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level passes in one sitting or six ‘O’ level passes in two sittings which must include Biology/ Agricultural Science, English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, and any one or two subjects between Physics, Economics, and Geography/Physics.
10. UNN requires credits in Biology or Agricultural Science plus a pass in Chemistry at O’ Level.
11. ABSU requires Five SSCE credits in Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Agricultural Science, and any other subject.
12. UNIUYO requires a credit pass in English Language.
13. NDU requires a pass in Mathematics, English, Biology/Agricultural, and any other two Science subjects (not more than 2 sittings).
UTME Subject Combination:
Any three (3) science subjects from;
i). Geography and Mathematics.
1. Economics, Physics, and Geography/ Physics are not required by DELSU.
2. Biology/Agriculture Science, Economics/Geography /Physics, and Chemistry are all required by RSUST.
3. Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, and any other subject are required by BASU.
4. Candidates with a single science subject or Economics, Geography, and Health Science are accepted by IAUED.
5. Economics, Mathematics, and Geography are not accepted by ABU.
6. Biology/Agriculture Science, Chemistry, and any extra Science subject are required by UNIBEN.
7. UNN requires Chemistry, Agric/Biology, and one other social science subject among Geography, Economics, Government; Fishery/Animal Husbandry.
Universities Offering Agricultural Science and Education
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE)
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE)
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT.
- ADEYEMIDEG (ADEYEMI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ONDO STATE).
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AGBOR, DELTA STATE. (AFFL TO DELTA STATE UNIV, ABRAKA)
- CROSS RIVER STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AKAMKPA (AFFILIATED TO UNICAL).
- AKWA IBOM STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AFAHA-NSIT NSIT (AFFILIATED TO UNIUYO)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, EHA AMUFU (AFFILIATED TO UNN)
- AOCOE (ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS) (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV)
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- BIU (BENSON IDAHOSA UNIVERSITY, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE)
- COEA (COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AZARE) (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE)
- ISA KAITA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, DUTSINMA, KATSINA STATE (AFFL ABU ZARIA)
- COOU (CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE)
- CRUTECH (CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR, CROSS RIVERS STATE)
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE)
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV).
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
- ALVAN IKOKU FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IMO STATE. (AFFL TO UNN)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ANKPA, KOGI STATE (AFFL TO ATBU, BAUCHI)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), ASABA (AFFL TO UNIBEN)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), AKOKA, (AFFL TO UNIBEN, BENIN)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECH.), BICHI, KANO STATE, AFFILIATED To (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi)
- JIGAWA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GUMEL (AFFILIATED TO BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECH), GUSAU, (AFFL TO ABU ZARIA), ZAMFARA STATE.
- SAADATU RIMI COLLEGE OF EDU, KUMBOTSO, KANO STATE (AFFILIATED TO ABU, ZARIA)EDKANO-2
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OBUDU (AFFL TO UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECH.), OMOKU, RIVERS STATE.
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION(TECH.)UMUNZE, ANAMBRA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE (AFFL TO UNIV OF UNIMAID)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA)
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ESUTECH (ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU STATE)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), GOMBE STATE (AFFL TO ATBU, BAUCHI)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KONTAGORA, NIGER STATE (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN, PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, KASHERE, GOMBE STATE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECH.), BICHI, (AFFILIATED TO ATBU), KANO STATE
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, GIDAN-WAYA, KADUNA STATE (AFFLIATTED TO ABU)
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, HONG (AFFILIATED WITH AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA)
- IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – IAUED
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, IKERE EKITI. (AFFL TO UNIV OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA) – IKERE-EKITI
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILA-ORANGUN (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNI, ADO EKITI)”>ILA-ORANGUN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE – IMSU
- KASHIM IBRAHIM COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE. (AFFL TO UNIMAID)
- KSUSTA (KEBBI STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ALIERO, KEBBI STATE)
- KUST (KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE)
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA)
- LAPAI (IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE
- DELTA STATE COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION, MOSOGAR (AFFILIATED TO UNIBEN)
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE
- NDU (NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE)
- NOUN (NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STATE)
- NSUGBE (NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, NSUGBE) (AFFL TO UNN)
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ORO (AFFILIATED WITH EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY)
- OSUN STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, ILESA, OSUN STATE. (AFFL TO UNIV OF IBADAN)
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), POTISKUM (AFFL TO ATBU, BAUCHI)
- RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
- SHEHU SHAGARI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, SOKOTO (AFFL TO AHMADU BELLO UNIV, ZARIA)
- UMAR IBN IBRAHIM EL-KANEMI COL OF EDU, SCIENCE, AND TECH, BAMA (AFFL TO UNIMAID)
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, WARRI (AFFILIATED TO DELSU, ABRAKA, DELTA)